Earn a specialized certificate in Pulmonary Rehabilitation and increase your value as a respiratory therapist by helping patients experience the benefits of a comprehensive pulmonary rehab program.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is an important aspect of managing chronic pulmonary disease. It can help improve quality of life, increase exercise capacity, improve symptoms of shortness of breath and help manage anxiety and depression for persons with chronic respiratory diseases. A vital part of a successful pulmonary rehabilitation program is the skill and knowledge of its healthcare providers.
This program, developed jointly by the AARC and AACVPR, provides pulmonary rehabilitation specialists the knowledge necessary to be an effective member of the pulmonary rehabilitation team.
Criteria for successful completion includes viewing all course videos in their entirety as well as scoring 70% or higher on the post-course test.
CRCE: 12 hours | Cost: $230 members/$280 non-members
Speakers and disclosures:
There is no conflict of interest for anyone with the ability to control content for this activity except for:
- Brian Carlin MD: The presenter discloses relationships with Sunovion, Monaghan, GlaxoSmithKline, Nonin, and Philips Respironics, Inc.
- Richard Casaburi MD, MEng, PhD: The presenter discloses relationships with Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, and Astra Zeneca.
- Kent Eichenauer PsyD, FAACVPR: This presenter discloses that he is a co-author of the psychological screener, the Psychosocial Risk Factor Survey.
- Kim Eppen PT, PhD: This presenter discloses a relationship with Relias Learning.
- Chris Garvey FNP, MSN, MPA, MAACVPR: This presenter discloses a relationship with Boehringer Ingelheim.