Healthcare costs continue to soar for patients with multiple chronic conditions and patients with chronic pulmonary disease account for an exceptionally large proportion of hospital readmissions. Healthcare providers can help reduce readmission rates, as well as improve the quality of life, for persons with chronic pulmonary disease by providing vital education and facilitating the development of disease self-management skills.
This program was designed to provide the necessary pulmonary disease management information health care providers need to improve long-term pulmonary disease care and improve patient quality of life. In addition to providing information regarding pulmonary disease education for asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease, lung cancer, and pulmonary hypertension, this course provides the clinician with vital information about pulmonary function technology, tobacco cessation, pulmonary rehabilitation, patient education, and many other key components of disease education and disease self-management.
CRCE/CNE: 14.5 hours | Cost: $225 members/$299 non-members
Conflict of Interest/Commercial Support Statement
- The following speakers disclose relationships with industry:
- Richard Casaburi: Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, and Astra Zeneca
- Dabney Eidson: Chiesi Pharmaceuticals
- Content reviewers have evaluated this activity for potential bias and have found that the course is balanced in presentation and evidence-based content is provided.
- None of the other presenters or planning committee members in this course have declared a conflict of interest related to their participation in this course.
- Brand names may be mentioned as examples of technology but are not endorsed by the AARC or any of the presenters or planning committee members.
- Participants who attend the entire activity, complete the post-test satisfactorily (70% or higher) and complete an evaluation form will earn 14.5 contact hours.