Beginning this summer, the AARC Specialty Sections will add a Student Ambassador to their respective ranks as part of a pilot program geared toward student engagement.
The primary goals of the Student Ambassador pilot program are to increase the awareness of Specialty Sections to students and to encourage more student participation in Specialty Section events, meetings, and online discussions within each section.
The key roles of the Student Ambassadors will be to:
- Regularly attend section meetings.
- Promote section activities to fellow students via social media and other communications channels.
- Engage with student inquirers and answer any questions they may have about joining the section.
- Reassure and guide them in their journey.
- Foster a sense of belonging among prospective student section members.
After a period of one year, the success of the Student Ambassador pilot program will be evaluated and adjustments made as needed.
“I’m excited that through the Student Ambassador pilot program, we’ll be able to reach and engage with more of our student members. These students are the future of the AARC and our profession, and this pilot will allow for mentorship and guidance as they begin their professional journey,” said Adult Acute Chair Maria Madden, MS, RRT, RRT-ACCS.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you.