The AARC Fellowship Program was established to recognize active or associate members in good standing who have made profound and sustained contributions to the art and science of respiratory care and to the AARC.
Categories for Nominee Consideration
Please note: The examples under the categories are not the sole criteria, but can be used as a guideline to assist the nominator with ideas of how their nominee may fulfill the criteria.
The nominator must provide specific examples for at least one of the following two categories:
- Service to the AARC and/or Chartered Affiliates and/or International Affiliate:
- Nominee has participated or participates in committees/activities of the AARC and/or Chartered Affiliate.
- Nominees service as an officer and/or member of the leadership structure within the AARC and/or State Affiliate and/or International Affiliate.
- Leadership in Respiratory Care:
- Nominee’s role as a leader in which the advancement of respiratory care and/or pulmonary medicine improves the outcomes of the profession, practice, patient care, or disease management.
The nominator must provide specific examples for at least two of the following three categories:
- Scholarship in respiratory care (below are examples of scholarship that can be cited):
- Research and reviews published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Textbooks and book chapters.
- Presentations at national or international scientific meetings (e.g., AARC, ATS, ACCP).
- Co-author of clinical practice guidelines.
- Peer-reviewer for a journal (e.g., Respiratory Care, Critical Care Medicine, Chest, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, etc.)
- Member of an editorial board for peer-reviewed journal.
- Advancement of the profession, nationally or internationally:
- Nominee participates in activities that advance the respiratory care profession to a higher practice level or improved patient outcomes.
- Awards, honors and recognitions:
- The nominee has received one or more of the above from an organization that promotes the practice, care or advancement of profession, practice, patient care, or disease management
If you have questions, please contact Frank Salvatore, Chair of the Fellowship Committee.
Use the form below to submit your AARC Fellowship nomination. The nomination deadline is Aug. 29, 2023.
The deadline for submissions has passed. New Fellows are inducted annually at the AARC International Congress.