- 2015 and Beyond
- A repository of documents related to the 2015 and Beyond project.
- AARC Times
- An online archive of the premier news and feature magazine of the profession
available in Adobe
Acrobat format for viewing and printing. You can order a back
issue of AARC Times online
a form to mail in.
- AARC Benchmarking System
- This web-based benchmarking system will allow respiratory therapy departments to report and compare data with other departments.
- AARC $1,000,000 Grant Fund
- The AARC advances the profession by sponsoring scientific research.
- Adventures of an Oxy-Phile2
- Download Dr. Thomas Petty’s final book “Adventures of an Oxy-Phile2” in audio book format.
- Advocacy Resources & Tools
- Here, you’ll find links to important government Web sites, studies commissioned by the AARC, contact information, and more.
- ASME—Asthma Self-Management Education
- AARC offers certification to Asthma Education programs that adhere to quality standards.
- Biological and Chemical Attacks Resources for Respiratory Therapists
- A list of resources to help you educate yourself about infectious biological or chemical attacks.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- These AARC guidelines enhance respiratory practice and provide a framework for RT protocols.
- The Clinician’s Guide to PAP Adherence
- The AARC has developed this guide to train clinicians how to communicate with patients, identify why adherence is poor, and intercede with interventions that may improve compliance. 4.0 CRCE. Free to AARC members. $15 for non-members.
- Statements and guidelines promulgated by other organizations.
- Coding Resources
- Coding, Billing and Reimbursement Issues.
- Congress Audio Recordings
- Past Congress presentations are available on CD or mp3 download.
- Cultural Diversity
- Materials to help you manage a diverse patient population are included within these pages.
- Effective PR Is
- Tools to help you get the most out of your advocacy and public relations efforts.
- A Guide to Aerosol Delivery Devices for Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, and Other Health Care Professionals
- will help our colleagues in health care deliver accurate information on inhaled medications to their patients. The guide includes an executive summary and a “quick read” section designed to deliver the key points in a succinct fashion for busy physicians and other health care professionals.
- Guide to Professionalism
- A guide to the roles and expectations of the respiratory therapist on
the job and beyond: a tool for practicing RTs and students.
- Guidelines for Respiratory Care Department Protocol Program
- House of Delegates Best Practices
- Presentations from the House of Delegates Best Practices sessions.
- Inter-Agency Reports
- The AARC has representatives to a number of organizations. Reports of activities that are of special interest to respiratory therapists are available here for convenience or clarification.
- International Fellowship Program
- Established in 1990, this program has allowed non-U.S. health care professionals an opportunity to visit the U.S. and observe respiratory care as it is practiced here.
- This is a sample of a respiratory therapy program management agreement.
- News Now@AARC
- Read past issues of the AARC’s electronic newsletter.
- Pandemic Flu/Mass Casualty/Disaster Planning
- A collection of resources the AARC has issued to help plan and execute appropriate responses to mass casualty events.
- Patient Safety Checklists
- These checklists help you assure patient safety.
- Peak Performance USA
- A national asthma awareness/school health program which seeks to teach students to manage their illness and lead healthier, more active lives.
- Photo Gallery
- Royalty-free photos of therapists and equipment for use in presentations, ads, or wherever you need a photo of a professional doing his or her job.
- Position Statements
- The AARC has adopted a number of statements regarding the provision of services or the practice of respiratory care.
- Press Releases
from the AARC
- The AARC sends press releases regularly to hundreds of media outlets—local and national; medical trade and consumer.
- Productivity and Time Standards Development Resources
- Access information that (1) explains and discusses commonly used productivity metrics, (2) describes how to gather data need to develop time standards for procedures, and (3) facilitates the conversion your data into statistically valid time standards.
- This is a collection of all resources provided by the AARC on helping
you establish protocols. It includes a bibliography of peer-reviewed
articles, a bank of algorithms and protocols to use as models, and a
story about one health system’s implementation of protocols.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Effective January 1, 2010, the Centers for Medicare and Medicare services implemented the new Medicare comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation program. Resource documents are provided to assist in answering your questions about coverage, coding and payment.
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition
- A recognition program for hospital
respiratory care departments, home care
services, or long-term care centers.
- Rapid Response Teams
- Many hospitals are creating teams to respond quickly to patient situations before they become ICU emergencies. This resource page showcases successes around the country and includes a video from the Baylor Health Care System describing these teams.
- Respiratory Care Educational
- You may now access back issues of the Education Annual beginning with
the 1996 issue. Future issues will be added as they are published. All
back issues are indexed in the CINAHL Database.
- RESPIRATORY CARE Online
- The Web site of the foremost scientific journal in the respiratory care profession, publishing original research, case reports, review articles, book/media reviews, letters to the editor, and teaching cases. Search the OPEN FORUM abstract database. Subscribe to the monthly podcast summarizing each issue.
- Respiratory Care Links
- Links to chartered affiliates, organizations affiliated with the AARC, health care organizations, government resources, online publications, and consumer sites on the Internet.
- Respiratory Care Week
- Respiratory Care Week is that time of year when we honor and celebrate the
contributions of respiratory therapy to our lung health. Respiratory Care
Week, sponsored by AARC, is celebrated annually on the last full week in
October. In conjunction with this event, Lung Health Day is observed on Wednesday
of RC Week in order to bring lung health issues to the attention of the public.
- Restructuring/Reengineering Literature Bibliography
- A bibliography of peer-reviewed literature compiled by Steven Walston, Ph.D., one of the foremost researchers in hospital reengineering.
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- A list of resources to help you educate yourself about SARS.
- Learn about the AARC’s exciting head-to-head competition that tests
the knowledge of each chartered affiliate's best teams.
- The Storage, Distribution, and Administration of Respiratory Medications
- Address issues about compliance with medication management standards that have
been identified by respiratory therapy managers in acute care hospitals.
- Strategies for Dealing with the Elderly
- The AARC’s Gerontology Committee has provided this resource to help you understand about working with elderly patients.
- Gain access to authoritative, up-to-date information with a subscription
to AARC Times and RESPIRATORY CARE.
- A list of resources on tobacco.
- White Papers
- A collection of essays, letters, and research reviews on several professional topics.