The nation is celebrating National Volunteer Week this week, which means it is a great time to says thanks to all of the AARC volunteers who go that extra mile and work for the Association in various capacities every year.
What do our volunteers do? Well, the sky’s really the limit. Here are just a few examples:
- Take on leadership roles on the national and state level.
- Serve on the committees and task forces that help guide Association activities and services.
- Take part in focus groups set up to explore important issues in the field.
- Serve as faculty for our continuing education courses.
- Review AARC Times articles, Respiratory Care papers, and other Association publications for content and accuracy.
- Author articles for our Section Bulletins and other publications.
- Work special events, like our booths at the annual HOSA conference and National Science Fair conventions.
So to all of you who have volunteered for the AARC over the past year, we say THANKS!