Respiratory therapists have a growing opportunity to market themselves to the physician practice due to the important role an RT plays in caring for patients with chronic lung disease. Since Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) has been added to the list of conditions subject to penalties under Medicare’s Hospital Readmissions Reduction program, greater emphasis has been placed on discharge planning and coordinating care for the patient post-discharge; as well as the transition from “hospital to home.” To help RTs seize these job opportunities, the AARC has created the Toolkit for Respiratory Therapists: Marketing Yourself to the Physician Practice.
Have you ever thought about redirecting your career path by:
- Working outside the acute care setting?
- Working part-time?
- Working under a contractual arrangement?
- Gaining new experiences that can benefit you as a health care professional and your patients?
By downloading the toolkit, you will gain insights into the numerous opportunities available and learn the tips and tricks to help you land these job opportunities.
Download the toolkit today for tips and insights into:
- Selling your expertise to a physician’s practice
- How to choose a physician’s practice
- Transitional Care Management (TCM) Services
- Chronic Care Management (CCM) Services
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Other service related programs that are creating jobs for RTs