The International Council for Respiratory Care (ICRC) is dedicated to advancing the safe, effective and ethical practice of respiratory care worldwide through the following initiatives:
- Promoting the art, science, clinical practice and educational foundation required for the attainment of high quality respiratory care outcomes in all nations;
- Developing and disseminating evidence-based standards of care according to the special needs and resources of individual nations;
- Facilitating interaction among and between the allied health professions, nursing, the medical specialties, hospitals and clinics, service companies and industry;
- Encouraging the creation and growth of related respiratory care organizations in individual nations, and
- Providing educational resources for patients, caregivers and the general public in respiratory health promotion, disease prevention and rehabilitation as appropriate in individual nations.