The American Respiratory Care Foundation (ARCF) is looking for Host Cities for their Fellowship Program. If you are interested in applying to be considered as a Host City for the upcoming Fellowship visit, please complete the online application by June 1.
The Role of the Host City and City Coordinator
In order to provide the visiting Fellows with a quality educational experience and give them the opportunity to observe respiratory care in a wide variety of settings, the AARC is seeking the participation of respiratory therapists in cities or metropolitan areas (an area within a 60 mile radius of a major city) who are willing to become involved in this exciting program. Ideally, the medical institutions, educational programs, and other health care sites within a city or metropolitan area would provide Fellows:
- The opportunity to observe the delivery of respiratory care in both large and small hospitals and in the home or other alternate care sites (hospice, group home, SNF, etc.).
- The ability to discuss the management of respiratory care delivered in a variety of settings.
- The opportunity to observe educational programs which train respiratory therapists at different levels.
In order to organize the activities in a given city or metropolitan area, one respiratory therapist will agree to serve as a “City Coordinator.” The International Respiratory Care Committee will work very closely with the City Coordinator to assist him/her in planning and implementation of the itinerary for the Fellows’ visit to their city.
The City Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the overall visit, including:
- Communicating with Fellows prior to their visit, and including information regarding weather, clothing, personal costs, and backgrounds on the city and hospital.
- The development of an itinerary for the city activities.
- Coordinating all city activities among various sites.
- Airport pick-up and delivery of the Fellows.
- Transportation between sites.
- Providing the Executive Office with hotel recommendations.
- Providing an overview of the health care system in the United States.
- Ensuring that objectives of the Fellowship visit are met.
- Communicating with the AARC International Respiratory Care Committee.
Email email@example.com with questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you.