The AARC Board of Directors has issued a call for candidates for the Executive Director position of the AARC. Sam Giordano, Executive Director for more than 30 years, announced his retirement effective June 1. The AARC Board will be conducting a search for his replacement in the coming months.
An exceptional Executive Director opportunity exists with the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC), a not-for-profit healthcare association, located in Dallas Texas. The Executive Director position reports to the AARC’s President and its Board of Directors and is responsible along with a staff of 45+ for executing its Mission, Strategic Vision and Goals of this 50,000 plus member organization.
This Executive Director position requires the following qualifications:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential with a Master’s degree in Administration, Management, Healthcare or a related field
- 10 years in senior/executive level management role
- Leadership characteristics necessary include: a clinical background; proven success as a leader; ability to develop and foster positive relationships with all constituents both internal and external to the association
- Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and sustain positive working relationships with association partners both domestically and internationally.
Scope of responsibility:
- Promoting high performance to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Directing and overseeing financial stewardship with an emphasis on efficient utilization of resources
- Maintaining a culture of service excellence
- Developing and maintaining positive relations within the membership, corporate partners and healthcare communities served by the association.
Qualified candidates for this position will be required to submit a 5–10 (no more than 10) page personal viewpoint on their Vision, Perspective and Personal Fit for the Executive Director position of the AARC, along with a cover letter and a resume.
Candidates, please submit your resume, cover letter and personal viewpoint by March 15 to:
American Association for Respiratory Care
ATTN: Search Committee
9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100
Irving, TX 75063-4706
Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org