The AARC recognizes that quality respiratory care education cannot exist without high-quality clinical preceptors. The AARC Education Section has developed a recognition program for clinical preceptors to acknowledge their contribution to student learning.
Nominations for the 2022 program must be completed by Aug. 31.
- The form must be completed by a Director of Clinical Education or a Program Director.
- The nominee must be a member of the AARC’s Education Section.
- The nominee must have completed the AARC’s Clinical Preceptor Course in the last two years (Aug. 1, 2020–July 31, 2022).
- The nominee must have completed a minimum of 120 hours of preceptorship in the last year (Aug. 1–July 31).
- The nominee must have an RRT credential.
- The nominee must possess or currently be pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- The DCE and Program Director must also be current members of the AARC.
If the nominee meets or exceeds the recognition program’s requirements, the AARC will notify the nominee and the nominating program. The Clinical Preceptor recognition will be valid for one year (Aug. 1–July 31), a recognition ribbon will be placed on the recipient’s AARConnect profile, and a certificate of recognition will be provided. There is no limit to the number of nominees from an individual respiratory care program, nor is there a limit to the number of consecutive years the preceptor can be nominated.
If you have any questions, please contact Doug Laher.