Respiratory Therapist Jobs
The AARC Job Board is your best resource for respiratory therapist jobs and qualified candidates within the respiratory care industry. AARC boosts over 45,000 members and provides access to non-members to see the hottest jobs in the respiratory care market. New postings are also published in the bimonthly electronic newsletter, AARCareer News, that gets distributed every other Monday. If you would like to subscribe to receive a complimentary subscription to AARCareer News, sign-up here.
Respiratory Ventilator Therapist - CRT/RRTMultiple Locations
Full-time positions open in Ohio, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island
Community Surgical Supply is one of the largest independently owned homecare companies in the midatlantic and northeast region, aggressively looking to increase marketshare throughout the country. As a premiere homecare provider, we adhere to the highest standards of excellence both for our employees as well as for our patients.
We are an organization that is proud of the reputation it has acquired as being “a good place to work”, a place where friendliness and fairness prevail. We want you to feel that you are a part of a company whose success depends on the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the people who function in harmony as a team. We encourage independent thinking on a team level to help develop fresh ideas to achieve organizational goals.
As a Respiratory Ventilator Therapist – CRT/RRT with Community, you will:
Full-time positions open in Ohio, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island
- Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment.
- Schedule and make patient visits and telephone calls as directed.
- Educate patients and their families with “high tech” equipment or complex respiratory diagnoses, as well as research, design and provide Respiratory information.
- Serve as liaison between patient and other members of the Health Care team, when required.
- Perform testing and preventive maintenance on respiratory equipment in patients’ residence to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Instruct patients, caregivers, physicians and physician’s staff on the proper use of respiratory equipment and necessary cleaning requirements.
- Deliver/pick-up equipment and/or supplies to patients’ home as necessary.
- Assist other staff and perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Adult and pediatric home ventilator experience preferred. Prior experience in Home Respiratory Therapy is preferred. RRT, CRT or eligible and meeting the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) requirements. MUST HAVE valid state(s) Respiratory Care license. Multi-State Respiratory Care licensing is a plus. Valid Driver’s License. Must possess good people skills and be able to work independently. Must be detailed oriented, organized, and neat in person and habits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job entails possible occasional exposure to body fluids which can contain blood-borne pathogens. This position may entail possible exposure to hazardous material including liquid or gaseous oxygen.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force, and/or a significant amount of force frequently or consistently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Community Surgical Supply recruits and retains talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Community Surgical Supply is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EEO/AAE
Community Surgical participates in E-Verify.
To apply visit our website at http://www.communitysurgical.com
Click on our Employment link, and job postings are as follows:
Job # Location
1001 Warwick, Rhode Island
1002 Toms River, New Jersey
1003 Cleveland, Ohio
1004 Hicksville, New York
Tibro Medical is a leading provider of CPAP and BiPAP sleep therapy equipment in the nation. Although Tibro Medical was started in 2008, its owners and many of its employees have been gaining market share since 2002. We have patients in almost every state throughout the nations and are quickly growing due to our proactive approach to managing patient outcomes and compliance.
We are looking for Respiratory Therapists that will have the ability to fit established patients with new CPAP/BiPAP face mask, equipment, and assist with equipment set ups.
We are currently hiring for the following states: Arkansas, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington State
The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong sense of compassion for the patient and demonstrate great urgency in responding to their needs. Maintaining confidentiality and all other aspects of HIPAA compliance are essential in this job.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or certificate from an approved Respiratory Therapy program and must possess a valid license to practice Respiratory Care.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of one year in the critical or home respiratory care field preferred but not required.
- Experience in a customer service environment strongly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- MS Office and basic mathematical skills required.
- Knowledge of respiratory equipment with the ability to perform repairs and maintain respiratory medical equipment and instrumentation used in office and in client homes.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment and understand the cleaning and disinfecting process for respiratory equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in education, delivering, troubleshooting and repair of respiratory equipment and must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to make independent clinical decisions.
- Must have strong communication skills for coordination of care.
- Must be sensitive to the physical and psychosocial needs of fragile patients and families.
- Must be able to recognize and effectively communicate needs to manager.
- Must adhere to policy and procedure
- Able to work a flexible schedule as well as on weekends and evenings
- Flexible, the RT may choose an approved schedule.
- The RT will be compensated per set up
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Respiratory TherapistCayman Islands
The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority
The Cayman Islands has a population of about 55,000. All three islands are often regarded as the safest islands to visit and its people, the friendliest in the Caribbean. Each island has its own personality and a unique experience. From the modern, cosmopolitan energy on Grand Cayman to the adventurous and warm residents of Cayman Brac, to the tranquil atmosphere on Little Cayman, you can always count on warm hospitality and genuine concern for your personal enjoyment.
Our streets and beaches are hassle-free which means that your visit will be as peaceful and pleasant as you could wish for. You will have the freedom to just wander around and after spending just a few hours on our beloved islands, you’re bound to fall in love with its natural beauty and the Caymankind-ness of its people.
The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority is a full service 124 bed hospital offering a range of in-patient and out-patient services. Our organization is the only 24 hour Accident & Emergency facility in the Cayman Islands. In addition, we have an 18 bed hospital in Cayman Brac, as well as district health centres located in George Town, West Bay, Bodden Town, East End, North Side and Little Cayman.
A commitment to the highest degree of patient care, comfort and safety, delivered by a competent, professional team of doctors, nurses and support staff is the hallmark of the Cayman Islands Health Services Authority.
Responsibilities: Post holders will work in the varied sections of the hospital as required. Post holders will focus on the utmost care of patients within the health care facility. The post holder will be require to work in the hospital setting as well as in the outpatient setting in home care. Experience in home sleep studies and pulmonary function testing is an advantage.
Qualification & Experience: Successful candidates must have an Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy and a minimum of three years experience as a qualified Respiratory Therapist. The ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is essential and the successful candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- CI$56,523.00 to CI$65,864.00 per annum
- US$67,289.29 to US$78,409.52 per annum
Benefits package includes: 18 vacation days, Medical, Dental, Vision and Dental coverage. Air passage and freight reimbursement for overseas candidates.
Send a Resume and Cover letter to Bernadette Beckles in the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of RespiratoryKingman
Become a member of Kingman Regional Medical Center’s dynamic Respiratory team
Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is seeking a highly-motivated, team-oriented leader to serve as the Director of Respiratory. The Director will be responsible for Inpatient and Outpatient Respiratory, Wound Care, Neurology, Sleep Lab, Durable Medical Equipment, EEG and Hyperbaric Medicine.
The ideal candidate will have graduated from a CoARC approved respiratory program and have a Bachelors Degree. Candidates must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a manager/director of respiratory and be eligible for a Respiratory Therapist License in the state of Arizona.
We value teamwork and empowerment for the good of our patients
At KRMC, our best comes from a spirit of collaboration and cooperation among our team of healthcare professionals combined with some of modern medicine’s most advanced technologies. As a part of our team, your administrative and clinical skills will be empowered to the utmost effectiveness for serving the best interest of the patient.
About our medical center
As the largest healthcare provider in Northwest Arizona, KRMC offers a full range of services to meet the health and wellness needs of our vibrant, growing community. From sophisticated medical imaging and diagnostic capabilities to advanced treatments in cardiac care, wound care, and cancer, to progressive rehabilitation and pain management therapies; we are unique among medical centers in similar-size communities.
KRMC has the distinction of being among the first members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. With this membership, our healthcare providers have direct access to Mayo Clinic medical expertise and research. This relationship enables us to address more types of medical conditions at a local level— providing our community further options for receiving quality care close to home.
About our community
Located in the scenic high desert of Northwest Arizona, Kingman has beautiful year-round weather with easy access to mountain sports and water recreation. Ideally located less than two hours south of Las Vegas, we are also only a few hours’ drive to professional sporting events and shopping in Phoenix or to the beaches of southern California. Kingman serves as the county seat of Mohave County— one of Arizona’s fastest growing areas. Our service area population is over 70,000 with a draw area of over 200,000.
Respiratory Technology Coordinator/InstructorPine Bluff
Southeast Arkansas College
Job Summary: The Respiratory Technology Coordinator/Instructor is responsible for daily operations of the program. Duties include but are not limited to: Instruction, student advisement, overseeing maintenance of program accreditation standards and serving as liaison for faculty and the Dean of NAH. Coordinators are involved in monitoring and contributing to the evaluation of assigned faculty; fulfill instructor responsibilities assigned for faculty when engaged in assigned courses; assigned a reduced instructional work load to allow time for duties specifically assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Southeast Arkansas College provides options for health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and offers a choice of retirement plan options with employer contributions ranging from 10% to 14% depending upon the plan selected. The College also provides a tuition waiver for the employee and dependents.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills: Ability to communicate, develop, and maintain rapport with others; develop lesson plans and design learning activities aimed at achieving student learning outcomes; communicate learning expectations through provision of structured activities and assignments; instruct, engage, and assess student learning; provide guidance to students for academic planning; and assess placement policies when interpreting placement scores and advising students.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE). Must hold a valid Registered Therapy (RRT) credential and current Arkansas license; have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two (2) years in clinical respiratory care; have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the above, formal classroom teaching experience and Master’s degree are preferred. Recent teaching experience at an ACEN accredited registered nursing program.
Complete job description and to apply for the position click here.
Registered Respiratory TherapistsOrlando
Orlando Health is a not-for-profit health care organization, a community-based network of hospitals and care centers in the Orlando region and home to one of the largest tertiary facilities and Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center, designated as a “Trauma Program of Excellence”. As a family of specialty and community hospitals, each has its own character, a natural extension of the specialized services offered. It is our mission that unifies us – to offer superior service and provide quality healthcare to the people of Central Florida. Our 1,780-bed hospital system includes Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women, UF Cancer Center Orlando, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, South Seminole Hospital and Orlando Regional Medical Center; Teaching Hospital and Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center.
We are currently seeking part time, variable full time and pool/per diem Registered Respiratory Therapists for day and night shift at the following locations:
- Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital – Downtown Orland
- Orlando Regional Medical Center – Downtown Orlando
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Children – Downtown Orlando
Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements: Graduate from an approved Respiratory School. RRT registered on or after July 1, 2002 must maintain an active status with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and updated every five years. RRT credentialed prior to July 1, 2002 are not required to renew every five years in accordance with NBRC. Current license by the State of Florida Department of Health. Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
Polysomnographic Tech 2Miami
Baptist Sleep Center – Galloway
Full-Time, 7:00pm – 7:30am
Baptist Health South Florida is the region’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 15,500 employees working across seven hospital campuses and nearly 50 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world-class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
We continue to invest in our communities and our employees as we widen our impact. We are growing key service areas, enhancing technology and expanding our primary care and outpatient service, all while maintaining high levels of quality patient care and service.
While maintaining high quality of standards in accordance with TJC, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the American Association of Sleep Technologists and Baptist Health Systems, you will perform comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis, and associated interventions. Duties include scoring PSG’s according to AASM’s guidelines and departmental policies — is proficient in the scoring/reporting functions; scoring all records; generating reports; interacting with physicians in record review; and assisting with quality assurance and performance improvement measures. You will also assist the lab supervisor in all areas, acts as a resource technologist when necessary, and takes call based on departmental need.
- High School Diploma, Certificate or GED
- Graduate of qualified BRPT approved polysomnographic program
- BRPT Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- Basic Life Support certification
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Find out why this is the best place to be your best.
Apply online to Job #74062
Baptist Health is an EOE. These positions are not open to any third part recruiters, consultants and/or vendors at this time.
Respiratory Care PractitionersMcHenry
OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, where Centegra Health System is now partnered with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. The newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system, which features two locations that have achieved Magnet® status. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONERS REGISTERED (RRT) Full- and Part-time Night-Shift RRT Opportunities
Registry RRT Opportunities
Opportunities at three dynamic locations: Centegra Hospital-McHenry in McHenry, IL; Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, in Woodstock, IL; and Centegra Hospital-Huntley, in Huntley, IL. Due to rapid growth, we are currently seeking RRTs for three dynamic hospital locations. These clinicians will provide intensive and general floor therapeutic and diagnostic services, including patient assessment, implementation and evaluation of respiratory care plans, and recommendation of optimum treatment selection. Additional responsibilities include participation in departmental education and quality-assessment/performance-improvement programs.
Required Credentials for All Positions:
- RRT, BLS and NRP
- Illinois Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner
Preferred Credentials for All Positions:
- One or more years of related experience
- ACLS and PALS
APPLY TODAY! To explore career opportunities and apply, visit centegra.org/jobs
OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. The newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created openings throughout our system, which features two locations that have achieved Magnet® status. We encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
Working under the supervision of the director of Respiratory Care, Neurology, and Sleep Services, this individual will perform all functions of an electrographics technician. This professional will plan and perform sleep duties on patients; review charts, gather patient data, explain procedures to patients, operate equipment, process paperwork, score sleep studies tests, and prepare data for physicians.
- One or more of the following: Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) or a Certified Polysomnographic Technologist (CPSGT) OR certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care, OR high school diploma with successful completion of a polysomnographic program associated with a state-licensed and/or nationally accredited educational facility.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills essential to effectively cooperating with patients, families, and other hospital personnel.
- Analytical skills to administer testing and recognize/report abnormalities and change procedures.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail for up to eighty percent of work time.
- The ability to stand, walk, and assist patients for up to twenty percent of the working day.
APPLY TODAY! To explore career opportunities and apply, visit centegra.org/jobs
Respiratory Innovation and Research DirectorBoston
Boston Children’s Hospital
A Faculty position is available in the Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine of Boston Children’s Hospital, affiliated with Harvard Medical School. Requirements include a PhD or MD degree, 3 years experience in clinical respiratory therapy research, registration as RRT, RPFT and ACCS by National Board for Respiratory Care & Mass license as Respiratory Therapist. Individual must be able to lead innovation and clinical research in respiratory care and be able to translate findings into clinical protocols and standards of care. Faculty appointment at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor would be commensurate with experience, training, and achievements.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about the department, please visit our web site: http://www.childrenshospital.org/anesthesia
Interested individuals should apply directly to:
Paul R. Hickey, M.D., Anesthesiologist-in-Chief, using our online application: https://apps.childrenshospital.org/clinical/ped_anesthesia.cfm
Certified and Registered Respiratory TherapistClinton
Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare
Join Golden Valley Memorial HealthCare’s award winning team! Recently awarded Missouri Quality Award in 2013 and in 2016, and selected 150 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Review. Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare is growing and is currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist dedicated to fulfilling our mission of providing exceptional health and wellness services with friendliness and compassion.
Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist full time position located at Golden Valley Memorial Healthcare in Clinton, Missouri. Position performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician. Duties include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy. Additional responsibilities include completing documentation of inpatient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices. Current CRT or RRT license through the State of Missouri Division of Professional Registration, BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP. Generous benefits package provided including PHO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement. Competitive pay and an award winning atmosphere!
Submit resume to email@example.com EOE
Respiratory Therapy Technical DirectorNew York
Respiratory Therapy Technical Director – Full Time – Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Oversees, directs and coordinates the Department of Respiratory Therapy’s daily operations, in order to effectively achieve optimal patient care, patient outcomes and patient satisfaction. Assesses and evaluates care of Respiratory Therapy (RT) services provided, staffing levels, staff competencies, and educational needs of all employees and effectively coordinates and controls resources. Responsible for all departmental policy and procedures, monitoring and reporting quality metrics, as well as quality of the care delivered.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the Respiratory Therapy department is in compliance with all state and federal regulatory agencies
- Supervises and directs the activities of employees in the Respiratory Therapy department
- Partners with the RT Medical Director and clinical / medical teams to develop and monitor standards of care, quality metrics and outcomes, and as needed implements process improvement
- Works with the medical staff to design and ensure high quality patient care to optimize patient outcomes
- Responsible for departmental materials management inclusive of ordering, receiving, storage and distribution as well as procedures which require cost containment review,
- Responsible for developing long term plans and budget, and accountable to Hospital Administration for achieving budgetary targets
- Oversees the selection of respiratory care personnel, and ensures their skills and competencies are aligned with the MSH standards of care
- Develops staffing models and processes to ensure availability and coverage of respiratory care services across the emergency department, intensive care units, inpatient units and rapid response team.
- Coordinates with Infection Control and implements appropriate measures to mitigate the spread of infections.
- Develops programs for staff orientation and ongoing clinical, technical and supportive education for all respiratory care personnel
- Consults with and instructs physicians, nurses, technicians, and students, and promotes liaison between the department and other services in the hospital.
- Oversees the department’s coordination and participation in clinical conferences for patient’s receiving respiratory therapy.
- Conducts patient rounds to observe patient response, review orders, records, use of apparatus, etc.
- Participates in ongoing hospital committees (i.e., Quality Assurance, Safety), and maintains current knowledge of literature and references regarding respiratory services.
- Plans, organizes, promotes and facilitates staff education, provides instruction to medical and nursing staff, health related professions staff and students
- Performs other related duties.
What you’ll Bring:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Active New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Three to five years as a staff respiratory therapist
- Three to five years of respiratory care supervisory/management experience
- BCLS certified
- ACLS preferred
- Advanced respiratory care technology
- Current CQI/TQM methodologies
- Statistical and analytical methodology
- Organizational development
- Overall institutional operations
- Forces influencing the direction of health care
- Able to design and implement new programs related to clinical and managerial advancements in respiratory care.
- Resource management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective leadership
- Able to develop long and short range goals and objectives
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Respiratory Therapist- Multiple positionsRaleigh
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Full-time, Part-time & Supplemental
Here at WakeMed, the role of the Pulmonary Diagnostics Respiratory Therapist in the Respiratory Care Services Department provides airway management services to all adult, pediatric and neonatal patients. The Pulmonary Diagnostics Respiratory Therapist encompasses responsibility for performing pulmonary diagnostic testing and administering respiratory care under a physician’s order. The therapist provides patient education and serves as a resource to physicians, nurses and other allied health professionals. The therapist performs additional duties incidental to the efficient operation of the Pulmonary Function Lab as well as incidental to the efficient operation of the Respiratory Care Department as a whole. The therapist understands the needs of the organization and supports the mission, values, and management of patient care services.
- Completion of the educational requirements for credentialing by the National Board of Respiratory Care is required. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required.
- Previous clinical Respiratory Care experience in a medical center of comparable size preferred. Strong interpersonal, assessment/action, airway management/ intubation, arterial puncture/A-line insertion and ventilator management skills preferred.
- North Carolina license required for all Respiratory Care Practitioners. BLS and NC RCP licenses required prior to employment. ACLS required within one year of employment.
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org. EOE
Registered Respiratory TherapistBismark
Sanford Health is an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas. It is one of the largest health systems in the nation with 43 hospitals and nearly 250 clinics in nine states and three countries. Sanford Health’s 27,000 employees, including 1,400 physicians, make it the largest employer in the Dakotas. Sanford Health is excited to be on a journey of tremendous growth and momentum.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
- Graduate of a CoARC (approved by the NBRC) Respiratory Therapy school.
- Must hold a RRT license through the NBRC (if the credential was received after July 1, 2002) within twelve months of employment and maintain active status according to NBRC credentialing requirements.
- Must be registered as a Respiratory Therapist with the North Dakota State Board of Respiratory Care.
- CPR and ACLS certifications required within 3 months of employment, re-certification as required.
- NRP and PALS certifications required within 3 months of joining the NICU/PICU team, re-certification as required.
Please apply online using the link below for full-time, part-time, and PRN positions:
Sanford Health Human Resources
Fax: 701-234-3919 | Route: 2109 firstname.lastname@example.org
Year after year, Cleveland Clinic is ranked among the nation’s top hospitals by U.S.News & World Report. And recently, the Ethisphere Institute named us one of the Top 10 Most Ethical Companies in the World. That’s why people from across the country and around the globe come here for care. As leaders in basic and clinical research, we offer exceptional career opportunities, as well as access to cutting-edge technology and innovative medical ideas. Now, you have the chance to become part of our extraordinary team.
As a Respiratory Therapist, you will provide respiratory care services to geriatric, adult and/or pediatric patients in a variety of inpatient settings.
- Degree from an accredited respiratory therapy program
- License to practice as a Respiratory Care Professional in the state of Ohio
- RRT certification by the NBRC
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP and/or NPS certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience in critical care and the performance of invasive procedures
- Neonatal/Pediatric experience
Click here to learn more and apply.
Cleveland Clinic strives to reward dedication with an integrated and comprehensive benefits program that meets the needs of a diverse workforce and provides meaningful choices. Along with pension/savings plans, wellness programs and medical/dental/vision coverage, we offer flexible spending plans, life insurance and disability plans, paid time off, a tuition assistance program, and reimbursement for professional certification.
EEO Statement: Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Registered Respiratory TherapistCenterville
Position: Registered Respiratory Therapist
Locations: Miami Valley Hospital South
Status: Part-Time, benefits eligible (medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition assistance, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: Nights (6:30P-7A)
Starting Pay: $22.72 (could increase based on relevant experience or negotiable); Shift (15%), Weekend (10%), and Holiday (50%) differentials available
The incumbent will be responsible for the respiratory assessment, therapeutic treatment, evaluation, testing, education and communication for all patient populations served.
Education: Graduate of CoARC accredited program for Respiratory Care.
Licensure: Holds and maintains a current Ohio license.
Certification: RRT credential by the NBRC. BLS for health care providers must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
Experience: Previous health care experience preferred.
Skills/Other: The RRT must be able to successfully complete the clinical and didactic orientations for adult patient care areas. In order to maintain the status of a Registered Respiratory Therapist, the incumbent must successfully complete the annual competencies provided by the department for the appropriate patient care areas.
How to apply:
Registered Respiratory TherapistAllentown
Be part of inspiring passion. At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), the deep connection we have with our patients and with each other is undeniable. In fact, we rely upon each other’s strengths and passion to deliver exceptional patient satisfaction and high quality service each and every day. Lehigh Valley Hospital has ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” for 20 consecutive years. LVHN is also a Magnet(tm) Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital received an “A” grade in The Leapfrog Group’s Spring 2014 Hospital Safety Score, the highest grade in patient safety. These recognitions highlight LVHN’s commitment to teamwork, compassion, and technology.
Our people make Lehigh Valley Health Network a great place to work. Join us in applying for our Registered Respiratory Therapist position in the Respiratory Care Services department. Lehigh Valley Health Network has multiple RRT positions in our growing Respiratory Care Services division.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive health care packages
- Robust tuition reimbursement
- Competitive shift differentials of 8% (evenings) and 10% (nights)
- Flexible scheduling options
- Specialty training and more…
Performs patient care assessments and appropriate education as required. Must possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work within a self-directed team, work independently with minimal supervision and use critical thinking skills to make sound decisions. Excellent communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals as required.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited School of Respiratory Therapy required.
- One year of appropriate respiratory care experience in an acute care facility within the past two years.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care required. NEW GRADUATES may apply if taking the RRT National Boards within the next 2 months. RRT required before start date.
- Basic computer skills.
- Pediatric NICU PICU experience preferred
- Children’s Hospital/Pediatric experience preferred
Licensure and Certifications:
- Current Pennsylvania Licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- Current BLS Health Care Provider within 1 month of employment.
- ACLS/PALS within 9 months of employment.
- All pediatric/neonatal practitioners need to obtain their STABLE and NRP within 9 months of employment.
Influenza vaccination is required for all colleagues with patient contact unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice, and is strongly encouraged for all colleagues.
For more information and to apply here.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Associate Professor – Respiratory CareConway
Horry Georgetown Technical College
Classification/Class Code: Instructor (UG70 ) Position/Slot Number: 122694/0016
Pay Grade: Commensurate with education/experience Department: Academics
Posting Date: 03/15/2017
At Horry Georgetown Technical College we’re innovators that cultivate students to deliver the future. We do this through utilizing cutting-edge technology and providing state-of-the-art training in such demanding job markets as Cisco networking, natural resources management, engineering, culinary arts, and many health related fields. Now is your chance to join our talented community and become a member of one of the most progressive community colleges in South Carolina!
Known for our innovative technologies, interactive classroom settings, offering more than 80 programs, we are cultivating the next generation of nurses, engineers, machinists, culinary artists, or students bridging their education to a 4 year university.
As an integral part of our team, you play a role for this institution to deliver high quality instruction for almost 7,000 curriculum students. We seek candidates to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse audiences in education.
The Associate Professor is responsible for, but not limited to, Teaching Performance; Curriculum/Instructional Development and Management; Student Advisement; College and/or Community Service; and Professional Development.
- Teaching Performance: Provide students with course materials including syllabus, grading/attendance policy, and other relevant information in a timely manner; relate instructional materials, discussions and all course activities to course objectives; demonstrate effective instructional methodology as documented on the class visitation form; use practical examples and illustrations; pace the instruction over the semester; provide students with timely evaluations; provide evaluation results in a timely manner; relate evaluations to course objectives; follow acceptable department and college grading policies. Assist in the planning process of developing program course outcomes and assessments.
- Curriculum / Instructional Development and Management: Develop and maintain course documentation; review and select textbooks; maintain appropriate materials for courses taught; schedule class and lab times effectively; continuously improve curriculum, instructional techniques, and integrate best practices of instructional delivery. Submit reports in a timely manner; maintain accurate records; manage the classroom environment for effective learning.
- Student Advisement: Maintain and publicize required office hours and availability; refer students to other persons for appropriate assistance; maintain appropriate records; meet with students in a timely manner; display sensitivity to students’ needs and problems; advise students appropriately, based on their career plans and academic needs.
- Schedule first and second year clinical rotations.
- Supervise clinical adjunct instructors.
- Conduct site visits.
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution accredited by regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education AND associate degree either in Respiratory Care or an Associate of Science with a Respiratory Care major or AAS with a Respiratory Care major from an academic institution accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; A valid NBRC RR credential; a current SC state license; a minimum of four full-time years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two full-time years’ experience in clinical respiratory care; a minimum of two years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program.
Who We Are
Horry Georgetown Technical College is a dynamic and progressive multi-campus comprehensive community/technical college serving Horry and Georgetown counties in the northeast region of South Carolina, with campuses in Conway, Georgetown and Myrtle Beach. The three campuses are located near the center of South Carolina’s “Grand Strand,” a 60-mile coastline extending between the North Carolina border and historic Georgetown, South Carolina.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Horry Georgetown Technical College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Horry Georgetown Technical College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Horry Georgetown Technical College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
For more information in regards to our policies, procedures, Affirmative Action, and Non-Discrimination Statement; please visit our website at http://www.hgtc.edu/hr
Applications may be filed online at: http://www.hgtc.edu/hr
Respiratory Therapist IColumbia
Hours: 7:00pm-7:00am, includes every other weekend
This position performs duties necessary to treat patients in accordance with the physician’s order and departmental policy. Works independently in all Intensive Care units and critical care settings. Consults with physicians and other personnel and makes recommendations on treatment as appropriate. Must possess skills necessary to treat patients of all ages to include infants, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Acts independently to perform respiratory therapy general and critical care procedures in accordance with the physician’s order, departmental policy, and the Respiratory Care Guidelines (RT Consult).
Assists with training for students, new team members, and other team members when necessary.
Able to obtain blood gasses from all sites. Analyzes and reports results accurately.
Accurately and completely documents and charges for respiratory care procedures and provides patient and family education as appropriate.
Able to initiate, monitor and manage patients requiring all types of invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation.
Education: Graduate of a school for Respiratory Therapy approved by CoARC or a successor accrediting authority.
Licensure, Registry, or Certification: CRT required and must be licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in SC. Certification required may include any or all of the following, depending on unit: ACLS, NRP, FCCS, NPS or PALS. Prefer team member to obtain RRT within first year of employment. Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) required prior to start date.
Palmetto Health has multiple Respiratory Therapist positions open! Visit our career site to apply.
Apply to this job: here
Respiratory Therapist (Registered)Sioux Falls
Requisition Number: 1607834
Facility: Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Night Shift
$$ Bonus: Experienced therapists may be eligible to receive a $4,000 Sign On Bonus. Avera McKennan employees may be eligible to receive a $1,000 Referral Bonus.
$$ New Grads may be eligible for a $1,000 Sign On Bonus.
Are you a Respiratory Therapist that:
- Enjoys delivering care with a team passionate about quality patient outcomes
- Appreciates an active, challenging care environment that requires critical thinking
- Is seeking to develop relationships by providing respiratory therapies, education & companionship with patients as well as their families
- If you have a passion and desire to enrich lives and touch the hearts of patients, consider joining our team in providing compassionate, high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
- Multi-disciplinary rounding to optimize patient care delivery to include respiratory therapy patient driven protocols
- Involved in code blue, rapid response, high risk deliveries and arterial blood draws
- Adult, pediatric and neonatal ventilator management including nitric oxide and oscillatory
- Ability to participate in out of house transports to include newborns, pediatric and adult
- Rotating 12 hour shifts
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner/Respiratory Therapist in the State of South Dakota is required
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required
To apply click here
Program Director, Respiratory Care (#20356) KWKingwood
Lone Star College – Kingwood
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member’s role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
- Teaches courses in Respiratory Care at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs. (Teaching load is 50% of workload.)
- Serves as Program Director for the program. (Director responsibilities are 50% of workload.)
- Responsible for meeting all accreditation requirements including reports and ensuring the program remains fully accredited.
- Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develops the semester schedules and assigns faculty per workload requirements.
- Manages the budget for the program and makes purchases staying within budget.
- Evaluates adjunct faculty.
- Troubelshoot student complaints and communicate concerns to Division Dean.
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines.
- Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course.
- Addresses student complaints regarding adjunct faculty.
- .Submits required college reports and forms.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community.
- Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, valid Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and current state license.
- 4 years’ work experience as an RRT with at least two years’ experience in clinical respiratory care.
- 2 years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE ONLY
To learn of all available opportunities, go to: http://jobs.lonestar.edu. Search by keyword or click the “Advanced Search” link to search by keyword or Job Opening ID. Application materials will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, and mail or hand delivery.
Normally there is no contact with applicants unless they are selected for interview. Some openings are posted year-round and are re-posted periodically; these applicants will be notified and asked to re-apply in order to remain active applicants for those positions.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States. More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
All positions are subject to a criminal background check. EEO Employer
*** Hiring for Fall 2017 ***
Pulmonary Ambulatory RNBurlington
The University of Vermont Medical Center, Vermont’s academic medical center and founding member of the University of Vermont Health Network, seeks a Pulmonary Ambulatory RN.
Provide advanced professional nursing care to patients in varying states of health and illness through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient’s health needs. The Ambulatory RN II provides direct care to patients and families, as well as teaching and preparation for continuing care.
State of Vermont Registered Nurse (RN) license required. The University of Vermont Medical Center is moving toward an all Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) workforce. All external candidates hired into, or current employees promoted to, a RN position will be required to obtain their BSN as outlined in the terms of their offer letter.
One-year experience in relevant clinical area ideal. Accepting new grads.
The University of Vermont (UVM) Medical Center is a 562-bed academic medical center and level 1 trauma center located in Burlington, Vermont, serving a population of one million in Vermont and upstate New York, as well as supporting a number of specialty clinics throughout the region.
Join us and you will enjoy a team atmosphere and the incredible quality of life. As one of the country’s most livable small cities, Burlington offers year-round outdoor recreation, a vibrant music scene and the beauty of Lake Champlain. Relocation assistance is available.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2mEjA56
University of Vermont Medical Center offers a comprehensive benefits package and encourages professional growth. University of Vermont Medical Center proudly offers a non-smoking work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Mary Washington HealthcareFredericksburg and Stafford
Mary Washington Healthcare –has immediate opportunities (all shifts) for you at both our magnet-designated Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital.
Ideal candidates will have a valid Respiratory Care Practitioner VA license, and current RRT credentials. The ability to administer basic to complex respiratory therapeutic interventions with minimal-to-no-supervision, as well as more complex forms of mechanical ventilation (heliox, surfactant, nitric oxide, continuous bronchodilator therapy, chest wall oscillation, etc.) with occasional supervision, is required.
We also have opportunities for NICU experienced RRTs.
A great place to live and work.
We offer a competitive salary, full benefits package and an excellent living and practice environment. Located just one hour south of Washington, DC and 45 minutes north of Richmond, Fredericksburg & Stafford offer all the amenities of a big city but the charm of a small town. With excellent schools, parks, recreational facilities and the beautiful Virginia countryside, this area is the perfect place to call home.
Learn more and apply online at: http://jobs.mwhc.com/mwhc-posting-aarc-rrt-11998?cid=post:aarc:niche:allied:rrt:11998
Registered Respiratory TherapistDanville
Danville Regional Medical Center has an opening for a Registered Respiratory Therapist. The successful candidate will be a graduate of a Respiratory Care Program with an A.A.S. degree, or Certification of Graduation. One year of routine respiratory care experience preferred. Graduation from an Associate Degree level program can be substituted for one year of experience. Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia, to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP). Certification by the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support at time of hire. Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (RRT) or eligible to take the NBRC’s Registered Respiratory Therapist exams and have passed the RRT exam within 12 months of hire. Certification in ACLS, PALS and NRP within 6 months of hire. Duties include providing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions on physician prescribed patients with acute and chronic cardio-pulmonary dysfunction, utilizing state of the art procedures and bio-medical equipment. Danville is located in South Central Virginia with a low cost of living. Our lovely community located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, offers an idyllic lifestyle in a warm, family-friendly setting. Danville Regional Medical Center is a 250-bed facility on the leading edge of medical advances. We are a Duke Medicine Quality Affiliate. Competitive salary and benefits package, paid interview and relocation expenses. EOE
Respiratory Therapist NCWenatchee
Confluence Health is growing
We have full time and pool positions available
Confluence Health is seeking a Respiratory Therapist NC who provides care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician’s written order for both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of respiratory care.
- Must be registered by NBRC.
- Current certifications in BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire date.
- PALS within 12 months of hire date.
- Must possess current Washington State license.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Registered Therapists only.
- One year critical care experience.
- Flight experience.
- Previous CNA/LPN experience.
- Experience drawing labs and assessing patients in Urgent Care.
- Must be team oriented.
Who We Are:
Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology—to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level.
We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.
For a full job description and to apply on-line to the full time position click here.
For a full description and to apply on-line to the pool position click here.
For more information about Confluence Health visit our website at www.confluencehealth.org/careers. If you’d like to speak with a Recruiter directly, please email us at Katherine.Church@confluencehealth.org.
UW Hospitals and Clinics
(Continuous Opening) – $2000 Sign On Bonus Eligible
Join our team and be part of the talent that makes UW Health the best work and academic environments.
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment and diagnostic respiratory services with patients and families in all clinical areas of UWHC, AFCH and TAC including intensive care units, emergency department, general care, perioperative, procedure areas, and others as required. This position requires clinical assessment skills and the ability to make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to clinical protocols. This position requires superb communication skills and the ability to work with the inter-disciplinary team to ensure high quality patient care. The Respiratory Therapist acts as resource to physicians and health care professionals ensuring orders are concurrent with policies and procedures. This position may function as a “Charge Therapist” with responsibility for ensuring adequate number of respiratory care staff to cover the patient care areas.
This position may assist with writing departmental policies and procedures, development of protocols, orientation and education and training for respiratory care staff, students and health care professionals.
This posting represents all available Respiratory Therapist openings with UW Hospital and Clinics. There are many positions available in a variety of different specialities/areas.
UW Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
This position is eligible for a $2000 sign-on bonus, pro-rated by FTE.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Graduate of a CoARC accredited School for Respiratory Therapy.
- Recent respiratory therapist experience preferred.
- Licensed as a RCP in the State of Wisconsin.
- CPR Certified.
- RRT Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care within 6 months of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification required for any AFCH RT position within 6 months of hire.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively educate others.
- Ability to perform advanced Respiratory Therapy procedures independently and have good problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of home respiratory equipment.
- Knowledge of RAD guidelines and Medicare regulations.
- Knowledge of current disease management guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and be effective in time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of professionals and home care companies.
- Ability to display leadership and professionalism while in the workforce.
- Interprets selective laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team and external customers.
To apply: uwhealth.net