Respiratory Therapist Jobs
The AARC Job Board is your best resource for respiratory therapist jobs and qualified candidates within the respiratory care industry. AARC boosts over 45,000 members and provides access to non-members to see the hottest jobs in the respiratory care market. New postings are also published in the bimonthly electronic newsletter, AARCareer News, that gets distributed every other Monday. If you would like to subscribe to receive a complimentary subscription to AARCareer News, sign-up here.
Pediatric and Neonatal Respiratory TherapistsQatar
Sidra Medical and Research Center
We are recruiting for Respiratory Therapists.
Sidra Medical and Research Center, a ground-breaking ultra-modern clinical and research facility in Qatar, is recruiting Pediatric and Neonatal specialists in Chicago, Washington and New York.
Face-to-face interviews will be held in July and represent fantastic opportunities for:
- Respiratory Therapy Supervisors
- Respiratory Therapists
Travel to and from interviews will be fully expensed. If you can’t make it in person, Skype interviews will be scheduled.
- 3 to 5+ years of recent clinical experience in a Level 3 NICU/PICU environment
- Current and valid Registration and Professional License
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Effective team member
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Benefits — Highly competitive package including a Tax-free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable), visas, etc., also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
Register your interest with Cavendish Professionals, Sidra’s exclusive North American recruitment specialist.
Call +44 (0)203 008 5210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Pulmonary ServicesTulsa, OK
Director of Pulmonary Services at Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa, OK
Job Summary: The Director of Pulmonary Services assumes responsibility for the overall management of Pulmonary Services for all SFHS locations. Responsibilities include planning, budget, quality assistance and personnel management.
Education: Completion of CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business required and Master’s preferred.
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification: State of Oklahoma Respiratory Care Practitioners License. Registered Respiratory Therapist credential required.
Work Experience: 5 – 7 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: In-depth knowledge of general disease state management processes. In-depth knowledge of all facets of respiratory treatment and technology. Ability to be detail-oriented as required in the examination of clinical and numerical data. Advanced PC skills are required for electronic order entry and clinical documentation and data review. Ability to organize and prioritize work in an effective and efficient manner.
Department 67040 – Clinical Care Services Admin
Schedule 7a – 3p (Days)
Shift Exempt Full Time
Saint Francis Health System is an integrated, medically-based not-for-profit health system whose team of nearly 10,000 physicians and staff members makes us one of northeast Oklahoma’s largest employers. We seek out the most qualified and compassionate medical professionals and support personnel to deliver the best care to all we serve. This dedication to hiring the best team members helps make us one of Tulsa’s preferred employers as well as one of the region’s leading health systems.
www.saintfrancis.com/careers for more information on our health system and benefits.
Director of Clinical Education/Instructor, Respiratory TherapyLos Altos Hills
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Full Salary Range: $68,479.00 – $112,466.00 annually
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist; of which two (2) years must include clinical respiratory care AND a minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching in an accredited Respiratory Therapy Care Program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Valid California License Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- Master’s degree.
- Management, supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of the principles and process of instructional design and curriculum development.
- Knowledge of current clinical and theoretical aspects of Respiratory Therapy.
- Ability to teach and communicate effectively with students.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues.
- Ability to work with academically and culturally diverse students.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
For a full description and to apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1016311
District of Columbia
Pulmonary Diagnostic Respiratory Care Practitioner IIWashington
$4,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
Closed for holidays
Children’s National Health System (CNHS), the largest non-profit medical and research facility in the mid-Atlantic region dedicated exclusively to the care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults, is currently seeking a Pulmonary Diagnostic RCP II.
In this role, you will be responsible for performing the full spectrum of pulmonary function studies; GXT & simple exercise testing; bronchoscopy support; hypox challenge testing; home ventilator evaluation and adjustment; patient education encounters; and other select specialty tests in accordance with ATS standards and hospital policies and procedures.
Our lab supports many research protocols and is part of our CF center team. We provide services throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Perform full spectrum of pulmonary function studies (spirometry, plethysmography, oximetry), oscillography, metabolic studies, and specialty studies (e.g., hypoxia, hypercapnea, exercise, and metacholine challenge) in accordance with ATS standards and hospital policies and procedures
- Instruct patients/families regarding respiratory-related procedures, home care, and equipment
- Assist with patient data collection and patient flow
- Serve as resource to clinic personnel in respiratory-related matters
The RCP-II will maintain all skills and knowledge sufficient to provide safe, effective, and appropriate care to patients of all ages, including neonates, infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, and adults.
As the nation’s children’s hospital, the mission of Children’s National Health System is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research, and Education. We accomplish this through:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally, and internationally
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges
- RCP license in DC and either MD or VA
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT)
- At least of one year of pulmonary diagnostic lab experience preferred
- Demonstrate competency in acute care delivery prior to completion of initial 90 days
- Ability to problem-solve clinical situations to include patient conditions and needs
- Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements (e.g., JCAHO, DC DOH, HIPAA)
- At least one year of clinical or related healthcare experience acquired via successful clinical education • Pediatric pulmonary testing experience
- PALS certification
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. For full description and to apply, visit www.childrensnational.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full-time, Nights)-12291Miami
Miami Children’s Health System
Performs all respiratory therapy patient modalities prescribed under a physician’s order. Assigned primarily to the ICU.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses patients in terms of clinical condition and response to therapy, documents findings in an accurate and timely manner. Provides feedback to physician(s).
- Attends in-service education/training sponsored by the department.
- Completes assigned educational modules on disease states, patient assessment conditions, and equipment function and features.
- Performs and tests invasive and non-invasive ventilators, initiates therapy, and monitors patient / ventilator.
- Performs basic respiratory therapy for medical/surgical patients such as aerosol delivery, airway clearance, and chest physiotherapy.
- Responds to emergency situations at the direction of the Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Associate degree in respiratory care preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret, adapt to, and react calmly under stressful conditions typical of an ICU environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt standard clinical procedures to patient’s needs associated with pediatric and neonatal population.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and peers.
- Ability to learn appropriate software application(s) such as used for patient documentation and medication administration.
- Knowledge of Spanish helpful.
- Ability to learn appropriate software application(s) such as used for patient documentation and medication administration.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Valid Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) license issued by the state of Florida
- National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
Registered Polysomnographic TechnologistJupiter
Jupiter Medical Center
At Jupiter Medical Center, located in the beautiful seaside community of Jupiter, FL, we pride ourselves on delivering compassionate healthcare and fostering a supportive and enriching team environment. There’s never been a better time to join our award-winning facility!
We currently have a career opportunity available for a full-time Registered Polysomnographic Technologist. The BRPT Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) will perform artifact free polysomnography and other related diagnostic tests and data analysis under the general and direct supervision of the Manager of the Sleep Center. The RPSGT will assist with the orientation and training of new technologists and Certified Polysomnographic Technologists (CPSGT), and additional duties may include PSG data analysis (scoring PSG) and collection and compiling of QA data and performing patient follow-up tasks. This position requires an additional degree of critical thinking skills to allow independent performance and supervision of other technical staff.
Requirements include Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT). Successful completion of Basic Life Support CPR through the American Heart Association also necessary. Requires recertification every 5 years via retesting. 10 BRPT approved continuing education credits (CECs) per year averaged over 5 years may be used for recertification in lieu of retesting. License in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
If you’re looking for something better, you can find it here. Apply online to position # 2577 at http://www.jupitermed.com
Respiratory TherapistsStuart and Port Salerno
Martin Health System
Respiratory Therapists…discover clinical excellence on Florida’s Treasure Coast at Martin Health System. If you’re a dynamic Respiratory Therapist that shows outstanding patient care and work ethic through Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE), then you are the right fit for Martin Health System.
We have excellent full time, part time and per diem opportunities throughout the system at:
- Tradition Medical Center
- Main Medical Center, Stuart
- Martin Health System Hospital, Port Salerno
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package and an incomparable environment – both inside and out. The Treasure Coast offers a great lifestyle for singles and families alike, with excellent schools, affordable homes, unlimited recreation and Stuart’s charming downtown center.
There is no better place to realize your career dreams.
Click here and apply online now.
Martin Health System is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Respiratory OpportunitiesMultiple Locations
HCA East Florida Hospitals
The best facilities. The best capabilities. The very best people. The hospitals of HCA East Florida are investing in the future of healthcare by investing in people like you. We know that you make the best possible care happen each and every day. That’s why we’re so committed to your success. When you build your career with us you enjoy the best that healthcare has to offer. It’s really that simple.
Come join our team! We have 14 hospitals located throughout beautiful South Florida! To learn more about specific opportunities within our Respiratory area, please log onto www.hcaeastflorida.com/careers.
Respiratory Recruiter: Lenneice.Drew@hcahealthcare.com
Clinical SpecialistSt. Paul
RespirTech helps improve the quality of life for patients with a variety of chronic respiratory conditions (such as Cystic Fibrosis and chronic COPD-associated breathing conditions like bronchiectasis) or conditions resulting from neuromuscular disorders by managing airway secretion clearance.
RespirTech employees enjoy the opportunity to learn, grow, and make an impact. You can be a part of a team with a passion and purpose that offers innovative, reliable products to our patients.
The Clinical Specialist is primarily responsible for securing information to support medical necessity for the company’s product from the health care team and patient/customers. Work is performed in accordance with administrative audit guidelines, HIPAA compliance and standard business practices. In addition position establishes and maintains professional and customer oriented relationships with health care teams and patients/customers to maintain efficiency and customer service standards as well as maintaining a solid relationship with Business Development and other internal staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist management and staff with infrastructure issues and recommend changes as needed.
- Manage the process of establishing each patient’s case for medical necessity by adhering to current guidelines.
- Act as liaison and resource for doctors and customers to assist with product information, product use, payment and reimbursement processes.
- Gather medical records from clinic or doctor and generate letters of medical necessity for specific disease states (diagnosis) and age groups, for submission to insurance company.
- Act as reference for other internal staff for technical information regarding a medical file and medical practices as it concerns questions about patient care as prescribed by their physician.
- Responsible for assembling and forwarding information for prior authorization packages for submission.
- Provide necessary follow-up throughout the processes.
- Seek and suggest improvements for processing files.
- Interact and communicate with Business Development staff on individual patient cases to solicit assistance in securing information from health care teams and solving any problems with specific patient cases needing Business Development assistance.
- Work with Clinical Services Manager to identify appropriate clinical support for justification of medical necessity.
- Cross-Train to be able to help other team members.
- Attend HIPAA training and other training sessions as they arise.
- Performance of additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or current Certification in allied healthcare field, preferably RN familiar in pulmonary/respiratory experience
- 4+ years’ clinical experience as a Respiratory Therapist or 2+ years’ clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Strong writing ability with proper grammar and punctuation is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal. Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow standard scripts and procedures.
- Previous claim processing or claim clerical support preferred.
- Strong knowledge of work processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Demonstrated customer service skills; excellent verbal skills.
- Ability to develop skills necessary to understand and communicate insurance coverage and the claim process in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to negotiate with various business levels of customers to achieve a successful outcome for patients and the company.
- Ability to problem solve.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Candidate must be able to sit at computer desk in front of a PC Monitor for long periods of time. Position requires incumbent to use a PC, telephone, basic office equipment. Position requires ability to hear phone conversations, read medical information and communicate clearly with all levels of internal and external customers. Mush have ability to problem solve, work independently and/or with a team.
For more information visit www.respirtech.com or call 800-793-1261
Respiratory Care Professional-$2000 Sign-on BonusNewark
Licking Memorial Health Systems
Performs respiratory therapy procedures, arterial blood gas studies, ECG’s and other respiratory therapy and pulmonary laboratory procedures as ordered by the physician. Evaluates the effectiveness of procedures and recommends appropriate treatments and tests as indicated. Will assist with department policies and procedures and training of new personnel. Have the knowledge, skill and ability to provide care for a neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population
- Safely perform arterial blood gas punctures. (pre analytical)
- Initiate, maintain and wean patients requiring mechanical ventilation
- Accurately and safely perform endotracheal intubations
- Perform RT Consultations
- Administers medications using BMV
- Administers oxygen therapy according to protocol
- Performs HHN according to protocol
- Checks and maintains supply of oxygen tanks
- Performs pulmonary functions
- Assists with bronchoscopies
- Initiates, maintains and weans patients from Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation therapy
- Performs and documents smoking cessation
- Evaluates and monitors patients in Pulmonary rehab
- Possesses knowledge of respiratory medications, the use, dosage and side effects.
- Maintain current Ohio License for Respiratory Care
- Maintains current BLS Certification
- Maintains current ACLS Certification
- Maintains current PALS Certification
- Maintains current NRP Certification
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Contact: Drew Link
Respiratory Therapy Program DirectorCincinnati
University of Cincinnati
College of Allied Health Sciences
12 month educator track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank
Serve as Director of Respiratory Care Program for the undergraduate Respiratory Therapy program. Complete development of Master’s in Respiratory Therapy program, including obtaining all levels of approval and finalize timeline for program launch. Will also serve as the Director for graduate program. Responsible for curriculum development, adjunct faculty hiring and oversight (including faculty workload assignments), budget oversight and fiscal management, design and Implementation of policies that support academic excellence, teaching courses in Respiratory Care, development of on-line courses. Will also serve on Department, College and University committees, advise students, and participate in professional organizations. Liaison with academic enrollment partner. This position reports to the Department Head of Clinical and Health Information Sciences
Applicants must possess a doctoral degree. Hold current RRT credential from the NBRC with minimum of 5 years related teaching experience. Must maintain current license or be eligible for a license by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board.
Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of 7 years RT teaching experience and evidence of educational leadership and program management, as well as, demonstrated expertise in online learning. Additionally, specialty credentials awarded through the NBRC are preferred
For additional details and to apply online, please visit http://jobs.uc.edu (search for position number 19151)
Registered Respiratory TherapistAllentown
Lehigh Valley Health Network
Be part of inspiring passion. At Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN), the deep connection we have with our patients and with each other is undeniable. In fact, we rely upon each other’s strengths and passion to deliver exceptional patient satisfaction and high quality service each and every day. Lehigh Valley Hospital has ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” for 20 consecutive years. LVHN is also a Magnet(tm) Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital received an “A” grade in The Leapfrog Group’s Spring 2014 Hospital Safety Score, the highest grade in patient safety. These recognitions highlight LVHN’s commitment to teamwork, compassion, and technology.
Our people make Lehigh Valley Health Network a great place to work. Join us in applying for our Registered Respiratory Therapist position in the Respiratory Care Services department. Lehigh Valley Health Network has multiple RRT positions in our growing Respiratory Care Services division.
Benefits and Incentives:
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive health care packages
- Robust tuition reimbursement
- Competitive shift differentials of 8% (evenings) and 10% (nights)
- Flexible scheduling options
- Specialty training and more…
Performs patient care assessments and appropriate education as required. Must possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work within a self-directed team, work independently with minimal supervision and use critical thinking skills to make sound decisions. Excellent communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals as required.
- Graduate from a Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited School of Respiratory Therapy required.
- One year of appropriate respiratory care experience in an acute care facility within the past two years.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care required. NEW GRADUATES may apply if taking the RRT National Boards within the next 2 months. RRT required before start date.
- Basic computer skills.
- Pediatric NICU PICU experience preferred
- Children’s Hospital/Pediatric experience preferred
Licensure and Certifications:
- Current Pennsylvania Licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing by the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- Current BLS Health Care Provider within 1 month of employment.
- ACLS/PALS within 9 months of employment.
- All pediatric/neonatal practitioners need to obtain their STABLE and NRP within 9 months of employment.
Influenza vaccination is required for all colleagues with patient contact unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice, and is strongly encouraged for all colleagues.
For more information and to apply go to: https://jobs.lvhn.org/search-jobs/Respiratory/678/1
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Respiratory Care Program Faculty PositionWichita Falls
Midwestern State University Flower Mound Campus
Position Description: The Respiratory Care Program at Midwestern State University is seeking to fill an Assistant Professor, Non-tenure track faculty position.
Duties: The duties include classroom, laboratory, on-line and clinical teaching in a baccalaureate program. Candidates should have a strong commitment to teaching and learning. Successful candidates will participate in professional organizations; engage in scholarly work, and professional development. Candidates must be able to represent the college and university by serving on department and university committees, advising, student recruitment, and collaboration with community colleges.
Qualifications: Master’s degree is required, RRT with a Texas license or eligibility for a Texas license, four years’ experience as respiratory therapist.
Comments: Position available starting Fall 2017. Additional information describing the program can be found at the program website: https://mwsu.edu/academics/hs2/respiratory/index
Submission of Application: Send letter, CV, unofficial transcript, and contact information for three references to:
Randy Case, M.A., RRT-NPS Selection Committee Chair
Department of Respiratory Care
Midwestern State University
3410 Taft Blvd., Wichita Falls, TX 76308
This position is designated as security sensitive and requires the finalist to complete a criminal background check. EEO/ADAAA compliance employer.
Pulmonary Function TechnologistBurlington
University of Vermont Medical Center, Vermont’s academic medical center and founding member of the University of Vermont Health Network, seeks a Pulmonary Function Technologist.
The University of Vermont Medical Center is located in Burlington, Vermont, a small vibrant city situated on the shore of beautiful Lake Champlain.
The Pulmonary Function Technologist (PFT) independently provides all modes of pulmonary function testing as ordered by a physician, assists with bronchoscopies and other invasive procedures, and monitors and recovers patients after treatment. This position has an on-call component.
Graduate from a CoARC approved Respiratory Program. Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist within one year of hire date. Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist, preferred. Registered Respiratory Therapist by the NBRC. Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in Vermont. This position requires verification of your college transcript. Please be prepared to provide a copy should you be invited for an interview.
Two years experience in PFT lab preferred. Bronchoscopy and Cardio-Pulmonary Stress testing preferred.
As an academic medical center dedicated to being in service to the patient, community and medicine, The University of Vermont Medical Center (www.UVMhealth.org/MedCenter) seeks to improve the health of the people in the communities it serves by integrating patient care, education and research in a caring environment. The University of Vermont Medical Center also serves as a regional referral center – providing advanced care to approximately one million people in Vermont and northern New York.
From the sophistication of its largest city, to the natural beauty found around every bend in the road; from its family friendly atmosphere, to its unlimited recreational opportunities, Vermont offers a quality of life that is second to none.
As one of the country’s most livable small cities, and healthiest, Burlington offers a sophisticated arts scene and countless opportunities to enjoy concerts, galleries, restaurants or nightlife. There is also plenty of kayaking, sailing, ice skating, hiking, skiing, and biking to be enjoyed along Lake Champlain or in the Green Mountains.
For more information on Vermont, visit www.vermont.org.
To apply, please use our online application system at http://bit.ly/2pxolOq. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. We proudly offer a non-smoking work environment. The UVM Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Respiratory Therapist NCWenatchee
Confluence Health is growing
We have full time and pool positions available
Confluence Health is seeking a Respiratory Therapist NC who provides care to patients as assigned by supervisors and given on the physician’s written order for both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of respiratory care.
- Must be registered by NBRC.
- Current certifications in BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- ACLS and NRP within 6 months of hire date.
- PALS within 12 months of hire date.
- Must possess current Washington State license.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
- Registered Therapists only.
- One year critical care experience.
- Flight experience.
- Previous CNA/LPN experience.
- Experience drawing labs and assessing patients in Urgent Care.
- Must be team oriented.
Who We Are:
Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and more than 40 medical specialties, to provide comprehensive medical care in North Central Washington. With over 270 physicians and 150 advanced practice clinicians, Confluence Health is the major medical provider between Seattle and Spokane. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective care close to home. Staying on the leading edge of healthcare innovation is important, so we invest in technology—to provide better care for our patients and allow our providers to operate at the highest level.
We are dedicated to improving our patients’ health by providing safe, high-quality care in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
To become the highest value rural healthcare system in the nation that improves health, quality of life, and is a source of pride to those who work here.
For a full job description and to apply on-line to the full time position click here.
For a full description and to apply on-line to the pool position click here.
For more information about Confluence Health visit our website at www.confluencehealth.org/careers. If you’d like to speak with a Recruiter directly, please email us at Katherine.Church@confluencehealth.org.
Neonatal/Pediatric Clinical SpecialistMadison
The Neonatal/Pediatric Clinical Specialist is responsible for coordinating and developing care for the pediatric and neonatal respiratory patients. The incumbent is accountable to the Neonatal Program Director with respect to medical direction and works closely with the Nurse Managers and Advanced Practice Nurses of the Pediatric and Neonatal Units. They assist in overseeing whole blood Point of Care (POC) testing, working closely with the Respiratory Manager. They are to stimulate innovative improvements in pediatric and neonatal respiratory patient care through demonstrating leadership as a practitioner, a coordinator, a resource educator, a consultant and a researcher. Specific responsibilities are detailed below:
Appx 70% of position is education and administrative in nature:
- Providing education to staff
- Training RT’s and RN’s
- Assisting in research projects
- Working with NICU Medical director and JOA (joint operating agreement) with UW
- Assist in maintaining Point of Care lab system in NICU
- Serve on committees
Appx 30% of position is clinical in nature:
- Staffing in NICU
- Assisting with patient care in NICU
- Assist with adult care if needed
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Care
- Minimum 3 years NICU experience
- RRT, NPS, PALS, NRP
- Licensed in the State of WI
- Thorough knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of the theory behind all equipment used and the diseases and treatments or therapies they are used for in order to make routine decisions.
- Professionally proficient in the application of respiratory therapy diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Thorough understanding of POC testing and the quality control involved, operating under a CLIA license.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude at all times and maintain professionalism within all areas of the organization.
About UnityPoint Health – Meriter:
UnityPoint Health – Meriter provides comprehensive, coordinated care through our clinics, hospital and home care services for patients located in South Central Wisconsin. With a combined staff of 3,500 employees, UnityPoint Health – Meriter offers adults and children primary and specialty care, including heart and vascular, orthopedics and women’s services. We have been recognized three times as a 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics.
For more information and to apply click here