With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, D.C., area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians. We have excellent opportunities for full-time, part-time, and PRN Respiratory Therapists to join our team on various shifts.
- Provide a full range of cardiopulmonary diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory care services to patients of all age groups.
- Obtain, review, and interpret data and assess the need for and response to respiratory care interventions in consultation and conjunction with medical, nursing, and other disciplines to optimize patient care planning and delivery.
- Respond to cardiopulmonary emergencies; provide airway maintenance and manual and mechanical ventilator support using a variety of devices and techniques; administer medical gases, humidity therapy, inhaled aerosol medications, bronchial hygiene, and lung expansion therapies; and instruct patient’s family and continuing care providers in the administration of respiratory procedures and the proper use of respiratory therapy equipment and supplies.
- Associate’s degree from a Co ARC-approved institution of Respiratory Therapy; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year of academic curriculum requiring clinical experience in acute and critical care medicine.
- Experience and demonstrated abilities in adult, pediatric, and neonatal critical care; pediatric and emergency care; and the implementation and application of patient-driven protocols are preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current and valid Washington, D.C., Respiratory Practitioner License. BLS for the Healthcare Provider Certification. Certifications: NRP, PALS, ACLS are preferred.
- Basic computer skills: data entry, e-mail, EMR. Contributes to in-service, education, and training.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, D.C., MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The D.C. metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries, and restaurants. Employees live in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism, and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to apply online, please visit https://careers.medstarhealth.org/global/en
Equal opportunity employer.
Back to job listings