Children’s Specialized Hospital, a member of the RWJBH Healthcare System, is the nation’s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges — from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children’s Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital’s founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialist’s partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective…so children can achieve more of their goals.
This position is responsible for the management, supervision, coordination and evaluation of diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined by scope of clinical practice of respiratory therapy for Children’s Specialized Hospital (CSH).
Essential Job Functions
- Management: Manages and coordinates activities of respiratory therapy staff throughout CSH. Hires and assures competence of all respiratory therapy staff. Assures adequate staffing across all sites 24|7|365. Evaluates performance. Implements any necessary coaching or corrective action.
- Clinical Practice and Safety: Develops and maintains respiratory therapy policy and procedures. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures by all respiratory therapy staff. Ensures safe and proper management and administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory therapies. Assures that respiratory therapy equipment needs within CSH are met including preventative maintenance and safety checks.
- Clinical Support: Instructs and supervises patient and therapeutic assessments to assure optimal care. Maintains personal competence in respiratory therapy practice.
- Quality/Process Improvement: Actively manages performance improvement activities for respiratory therapy practice. Engages in quality improvement at the point of care through data collection, analysis, synthesis, translation, and dissemination. Identifies opportunities for and engages in point-of-care performance improvement activities on an ongoing basis in collaboration with the Director of Evidence-based Practice Development and Patient Safety, front-line managers, and other clinical leaders.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with subject matter experts within the organization, The Director of Evidence-based Practice Development and Patient Safety , front-line managers, and other clinical leaders to bring research to the point of care.
- Professionalism: Role models leadership and professionalism to create an environment that support staff in their personal and professional growth. Stays abreast of healthcare issues, trends in education, and clinical research that influence the CSH respiratory practice environment. Integrates ethical principles, service, and leadership into all learning activities. o Evaluates own practice in relation to professional practice standards, relevant statutes and regulations, maintaining continuing competence, and teaching and learning effectiveness
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
- Graduate from an CoARC accredited respiratory therapy program required.
- Associates or baccalaureate degree in respiratory therapy, preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in respiratory therapy, with a minimum of two years supervisory of managerial experience.
- Experience in a pediatric and/or neonatal setting, strongly preferred not required.
*PALS preferred. AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) preferred not required.
*Current respiratory therapy licensure in New Jersey Education
*Pediatric patient care areas. Able to lift and carry equipment and patients greater than 15 pounds or greater. Potential for blood and body fluid splashes and exposures. On feet most of the day Bending, walking, manual dexterity, pushing, pulling.
For immediate consideration, or to learn more, please email your resume/CV to Gabriela Rodrigues, Recruiter, at email@example.com, or apply online at:
Children’s Specialized Hospital
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job listings