- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Job category:
- Position type:
- Penn Medicine
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
Deliver respiratory care in accordance with departmental policy and procedures; providing respiratory therapeutic modalities, inclusive of but not limited to: ABG acquisition, ventilator and airway management for adult, pediatric and infant patients, equipment maintenance, delivery of aerosol medication and chest physiotherapy, assessment of oxygen and medication requirements.
This position is a member of the Rapid Response Team and the Code Team for all but Gray and PCI. Respiratory Therapists do not have the responsibility of intubation at Chester County Hospital.
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
* Current license to practice respiratory care in Pennsylvania
* 1 yr of respiratory care experience with current acute care work preferred
* Experience in all modalities of respiratory acute care
* BLS required; ACLS and PALS attained within 6 months of hire
* Self motivated with the ability to take initiative
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Bachelor’s preferred
* Advanced certifications in Neonatal-Pediatric Specialist (NPS), Pulmonary Function Testing (RPFT or CPFT), Sleep Disorders Testing and Therapeutic Intervention Specialist (SDS) or Asthma Educator-Certified (AE-C) preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
To apply for this West Chester-based position, visit: https://careers.pennmedicine.org/jobs/9500329-respiratory-therapist-offering-15k-sign-on-bonus
Live Your Life’s Work