Join Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital for their Respiratory Care Practitioner Virtual Hiring Event!
Date: August 25th, 2022
At Houston Methodist, the Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) position is responsible for performing routine respiratory care procedures as assigned, varying in complexity which include, but are not limited to, preparation, administration and monitoring of medication and treatment modalities and gas therapy, ventilator support, spirometry and assistance with bronchoscopy. This position may perform diagnostic testing of the cardiac respiratory system, as appropriate. As a member of the direct patient care team, the RCP position provides direct assistance to physicians and other care health professionals, with respiratory care-related procedures within the scope of the professional licensure. This position delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to standards and guidelines established by respiratory and regulatory agencies and Houston Methodist to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service.
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section.
- No experience required; one year experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Registered as Respiratory Therapist by National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC-RRT)
- Licensed as Respiratory Care Practitioner by the Texas Medical Board (TMB-RCP)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 90 days of hire. Current incumbents have one year to obtain from effective date of job description
- American Heart Association Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)*
- American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support (PALS)*
*Preferred, depending on area assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to maintain patient and exam documents
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
- Demonstrates time management skills
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing work flow and actively participating in problem-solving
For more information and to sign up, please click here.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to job listings