Director of Respiratory Services – East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
At East Tennessee Children’s Hospital, care is at the CORE of who we are. We are comprised of care team members who live out our core values of Compassion, Ownership, Respect, and Excellence. We support each other by fostering a culture of team engagement that creates moments that matter – every interaction, every time.
- Compassion – We imagine what others are going through, work to alleviate suffering, and create joy whenever possible.
- Ownership – We take pride in our work, act with integrity, and feel personal responsibility for achieving our mission.
- Respect – We listen, understand, and communicate openly and politely. We recognize our diverse strengths.
- Excellence – We set high standards for performance in delivering the safest patient care. We give extraordinary and meaningful experiences to our patients, their families, team members, and the community we serve.
Reports to Vice President-Operations
- BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Responsible for comprehensive departmental management and administration, program development and coordination, and general operations of Respiratory Care.
- Under direction of vice president, Operations, assumes responsibility for the direction and supervision of respiratory care and/or related departments. Responsible for the performance of duties required by or as defined by the scope of service to ensure that the unique nature of the client is addressed.
- Evaluates functions, practices and reporting, record keeping as required for the area(s)
- Works to improve and/or maintain the quality of services provided by reviewing department performance, effecting changes as needed to improve services provided and assuring compliance with regulatory requirements on a monthly and annual basis.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental/unit/area programs and services within framework of long and short-range goals.
- Ensures that the department delivers quality service in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Establishes, maintains, interprets, and evaluates departmental/unit/area policies and procedures.
- Ensures established standards are met or exceeded regarding licensing or regulatory agencies (e.g., TJC, OSHA, Public Health, etc.).
- Keeps administration informed of department activities, needs, and problems, as well as other administrative matters through meetings with vice president.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Education
- Bachelors Degree Preferred in Respiratory Therapy or related field.
- Minimum Work Experience
- Five years experience in respiratory therapy, progressive management experience required.
- Required Licenses/Certifications for position
- Licensed in State of Tennessee as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), certified by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) with active license. Credentialed as Neonatal Pediatric Specialist by the NBRC, or within one year of hire.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Medium lifting, pushing and pulling is required for 20-50 lbs occasionally, 10-20 lbs frequently and 10 lbs constantly to move objects. Sudden emergency situations have the potential for exposure to lifting or moving of up to 100 lbs. Frequent bending, walking, sitting, squatting, reaching and standing are required. Keyboard/computer use and/or repetitive motions may be required.
Back to job listings