To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition into our organization, we will also offer up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus to candidates with more than 1+ years of experience and up to $5,000 for relocation (if applicable). For New Graduate (less than one year experience) candidates we are offering a $5,000 sign-on and $5,000 for relocation (if applicable).
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Advanced Respiratory Therapist.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re equally comfortable with Respiratory Therapy, being able to think quickly on your feet, communication and patient care.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
As a valued team member of SCL Health, you will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- Integral and respected member of the multidisciplinary team
- Therapist driven protocols
- RT/RN driven ECMO Program (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
- Integral team member in a level III NICU
- A growing Pulmonary Diagnostic team which includes complex Interventional Pulmonology in OR & right heart catheterization procedures in CV Lab
- Respiratory Institute Department – brings together leading expertise in diagnosing and treating all forms of all respiratory illness and lung disease
- Recognized as the largest and number one Cystic Fibrosis hospital in the Nation
- Joint venture with National Jewish Hospital and relationship with Kaiser Permanente enables collegial working relationships with over 40 Pulmonologists and Critical Care Providers
- Tuition and certification reimbursement for career advancement
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an Advanced Respiratory Therapist you need to know how to:
- Perform, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic testing procedures according to protocol in complex patient care departments, including critical care, surgery, neonatal or pulmonary diagnostics. Obtain arterial gases. Oversee and troubleshoot the operation of equipment for optimal patient care. Initiate Respiratory Protocol according to department criteria. Initiate interventions based on the interpretation of assessments.
- Administer medications in a timely and safe manner. Evaluate effect and re-evaluate appropriately and according to protocol. Ensure that progress of patient is communicated to staff, physicians and other departments.
- Maintain awareness of assigned patients overall condition. Communicate and share patient information with the physicians and nurses. Make appropriate recommendations for patient care. Recognize the educational needs of patients and families in relation to health promotion and wellness. Teach patients and families self-care techniques and modalities.
- Support leadership team in leading the work of the shift, acting as a resource, and providing support to other department associates as needed.
- Complete documentation according to departmental standards. Accurately document productivity information. Monitor supplies and equipment and notify appropriate person when supplies are low, out on loan or broken. Utilize time effectively to achieve productivity standard, including utilizing low census time when patient load does not support full productivity.
- Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identify potential areas for improvement including processes that could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction. Identify potential safety hazards that may create problems for patients and/or staff, and take appropriate actions. Participate in departmental meetings, contributing ideas or feedback.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Graduate of an CoARC accredited program for Respiratory Therapy
- Current license for Respiratory Therapy in the state of practice
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of hospital experience as a Therapist, including critical care experience
- Membership in a national professional organization (i.e. AARC, NBRC)
- Current NRP certification
Back to job listings