Graduate of a program, nursing, respiratory, perfusion.
2+ years supervisory or lead experience
2+ years respiratory care experience
2+ years ECMO experience
2+ years nursing experience
- Strong, interpersonal, clinical, facilitating, problem-solving, education and communication skills which is critical to the expert role of this position, maintaining the Standard of Practice and interaction with hospital management staff.
- Must be able to support and work within a multidisciplinary and operational improvement team approach environment which incorporates team building skills as well as change management skills.
- Must be able to work within a direct line and dotted line reporting organizational structure which incorporates motivational and consensus building skills.
- Current license in the State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner or Registered Nurse or Perfusionist.
- BLS certified.
- NRP and PALS certified.
- Willing to obtain the Specialty certification.
- Candidate must be willing to participate in outside professional activities to include educational and networking activities.
- Candidate may come in contact with potentially hazardous situations such as administration of specific care giver precaution medications (Ribovirin/Pentimadine) and may be exposed to specific contagious disease states as well as blood and body fluids.
- The candidate must be willing to perform the job function on off shift hours as well as attend outside educational activities, participate in outside professional activities and maintain a high level of current standard of care practices.
- Candidate must be accountable 24 hours per day seven days per week. Candidate in times of need may be required to assist in staffing.
- Ability to travel locally, as well as long-distance travel.
- Ability to work within stressful conditions and difficult situations.
- Resilient and flexible in a changing environment.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- This position will need to recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated, i.e: understand child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and look for signs of normal aging prior experience with various age groups is required.The candidate will have >10 percent patient contact.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
To assist the Managers, Medical staff, and Chief Perfusionist (pediatric) in providing clinical leadership in the ACH~OL ECMO program. To plan, coordinate and manage personnel, resources, equipment and supplies to provide the highest quality patient care with trained, professional, and competent staff in the most cost-effective manner. In conjunction with the Managers, Medical staff, and Chief Perfusionist (pediatrics), will collaborate with physicians, perfusionists, and other health care disciplines to assure optimal patient care. To present self as dedicated health care professional, patient advocate, mentor, educator, and leader. To serve within the role of Clinical Expert to drive and support the ECMO program at ACH~OL.
To lead ECMO quality improvement and research initiatives.
Back to job listings