Full Time/Part Time/Per Diem Respiratory Therapists Days/Nights– $20,000 Sign on bonus for select positions at the #1 Major Teaching Hospital!
St. Luke’s University Hospital is currently seeking full time, part time and per diem Respiratory Therapists to join our network. We are offering a $20,000 sign on bonus for select campuses. We offer a generous benefits package and competitive rates. Please click here to submit your application!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets us and maintains ventilatory support of both adult and children in all critical care areas. Makes changes and weans patient in concert with physician`s approval or protocol.
- Evaluates patient, documents patient assessment and findings on medical record and consult with physicians regarding appropriate therapy.
- Administers respiratory care and O2 therapy modalities to patient following physician order or protocol. Evaluates results of therapy.
- Serves as a member of the “Code Blue” and “Rapid Response” team.
- Draws arterial blood gases, maintains patient airways, and provides artificial ventilation.
- Performs arterial puncture on adult, children. Analyzes specimens for blood gas values.
- Performs A-line insertion after appropriate training on adult patients.
- Performs diagnostic studies such as oximetry, CO2 monitoring, O2 consumption, metabolic studies, bedside PFT testing.
- Evaluates patients and consults with physician regarding appropriate therapy.
- Participates in in-service education. Assists physician with bronchoscopy at bedside, fluoroscopy and GI Lab. Appropriately labels and handles specimens.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting up to two hours per day – 1 hour increments. Standing up to 3 hours per day – 1 hour increments. Walking up to 12 hours per day – 15 minute increments. Frequently uses fingers to manipulate small vials, equipment, etc. Continuous use of hands for writing and operating respiratory equipment. Continuous twisting/turning of hands and body to provide patient care. Occasional lifting of boxes and equipment up to 25 pounds. Frequently carrying of objects/equipment up to 25 pounds. Frequent pushing/pulling of equipment or patients up to 300 pounds. Frequent stooping/bending. Occasional crouching. Occasional reaching above shoulder level. Ability to palpate arteries, feel skin temperature, etc. Hearing as it relates to normal, high and low frequencies. Seeing as it relates to general, far, near, color, and peripheral vision. Depth perception.
- Current License as a Respiratory Therapist in a State of Pennsylvania. Received credentials through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 6 months clinical experience, either concurrent with training program or post-graduation
St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a non-profit, regional, fully integrated, nationally recognized network providing services at eleven hospitals and more than 300 sites in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery, Berks, Monroe and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to job listings