The Respiratory Care (RESP) program at Bowling Green State University Firelands College is seeking a Director of Clinical Education for their Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care degree. This is a full-time, non tenure-track, nine month renewable appointment, located in the Applied Sciences Department. The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care Degree program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care. In addition to the base program located at BGSU Firelands, there is a satellite program offered through the University Partnership at Lorain County Community College. The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for clinical coordination and teaching at both locations as well as on-site visits with students at all clinical affiliates. Dedicated classrooms and labs are located at both campuses.
The RESP program and Applied Sciences department are committed to providing an environment that promotes collaboration and multiple opportunities for professional excellence.
BGSU Firelands is a 2,100 student, regional college of Bowling Green State University. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities, and applied technologies. BGSU Firelands seeks talented individuals to join our community in Huron, Ohio, on the scenic shores of Lake Erie.
- Coordinate and supervise all aspects of the clinical portion of the program including site recruitment.
- Coordinate with the Program Director to assess the quality and evaluate the overall effectiveness of all aspects of the clinical portion of the program.
- Teach didactic, laboratory, and web-based courses in respiratory care.
- Maintain and update Program and Clinical Policy document as needed.
- Facilitate clinical preceptor meetings on a regular basis including annual inter-rater reliability training and new clinical preceptor training/orientation.
- Maintain program’s Trajecsys clinical tracking system and update as needed.
- Perform all administrative aspects of the clinical portion of the program to include clinical rotation scheduling, clinical site evaluation, student performance evaluation, monitoring program outcomes, continuous review and analysis, planning and development, and the overall effectiveness of the clinical portion of the program.
- Assist with ongoing program planning, review, evaluation, assessment, and curriculum development/revision.
- Assist Program Director in preparing the program for reaccreditation as well as annual program evaluation/accreditation and related reports on a routine and as needed basis.
- The Director of Clinical Education will serve as an advisor to the Program Director and Clinical Preceptors and reports to the Program Director for all matters related to the program.
- Serve as an active member of the Respiratory Care Advisory Board.
- Serve as an active member of the Allied Health Sub-Group in the Applied Sciences Department.
- Participate as an active member of the Applied Sciences Department.
- Participate in related service and scholarly activities as appropriate.
- Assist with program recruitment activities.
- Perform other job related tasks as may relate to maintaining and improving the quality of the education program.
- Four years of clinical experience in a health care facility as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Two years of teaching experience in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Valid Registered Respiratory Therapist credential from the NBRC.
- Licensed (or eligible) respiratory care professional in the State of Ohio.
- Master’s Degree. Must be completed by the start date of this position.
- BLS Provider.
- Previous Director of Clinical Education experience with an accredited respiratory care program.
- Current clinical experience in a variety of patient care environments (eg. emergency, critical care, floor therapy, neonatal/pediatric, sub-acute or long term care, home care).
- ACLS, PALS and NRP Provider.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, or NRP Instructor.
CREDENTIALS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
- Cover letter/statement of teaching interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Names and contact information for three professional references who will be asked to provide a current (dated within one year) letter of recommendation
- Diversity Statement
In addition to your cover letter and curriculum vitae you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion into your current or a previous position?
For details including responsibilities, minimum qualifications, and information on how to apply, please visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU. Application deadline is November 30, 2021. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans.
BGSU requires background check for employment.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Back to job listings