Clinical Leadership at PMI is a meaningful career!
PMI is hiring a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director in San Marcos, California- JOIN US!
As the Respiratory Therapy Clinical Director at Pima Medical Institute, you will be involved in both the coordination, growth, successful training of students, and the quality of the Respiratory Therapy Associate Degree program! PMI will count on your expertise and leadership to contribute towards the overall success of the students, and PMI, while contributing constantly to the mission of improving the quality of people’s lives- students, patients and the community!
PMI offers Excellent Compensation & Benefits:
- Relocation Allowance
- Medical (PPO & 2 HDHP with HSA), Dental & Vision
- Short & Long-term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with a 20% match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) -Employer Purchased
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Leave & Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Program
*Compensation determined by: years of experience, education, credentials, and job pay grade, market demand*
Direct the Respiratory Therapy clinical education through instruction of students to ensure training of quality patient care.
- Baccalaureate degree from an academic institute accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in the specialty field.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) State license.
- Four (4) years of experience as a registered respiratory therapist of which at least two (2) year must include experience in clinical respiratory care.
- Two (2) years of instructor experience in an accredited respiratory therapy program, either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
A Day in the Life of an RT Clinical Director:
- Evaluate the effectiveness and performance of clinical instructors.
- Secure new clinical sites and contractual agreements.
- Visit clinical facilities, provide guidance and counseling with regard to teaching practices. Ensure students receive technical instruction from instructors at clinical sites. Instruct students at clinical sites.
- Ensure all students receive medical physician contacts.
- Develop guidelines for students to maintain physician interaction in the clinical setting. Maintain records of medical direction.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to establish a clinical assignment for students. Coordinate the scheduling of students within the department.
- Develop clinical objectives and evaluations.
- Conduct orientation for students to each clinical education site.
- Monitor competency evaluations and review clinical records with students. Evaluate the performance of students regarding course objectives and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Instructs students in both classroom theory and learning laboratory. Prepare lecture plans and materials. Provide feedback to students.
- Coordinate the clinical education for the Respiratory Therapy program, to include clinical faculty schedules. Coordinate and revise the clinical education plan. Recommend changes to the Program Director.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Collaborate with public and community respiratory care agencies.
- May assist the Program Director with student applicants for admission into the program.
Join us in teaching and developing the next generation of Respiratory Therapy Professionals!
Back to job listings