Respiratory Therapist – Providence Extended Care and Providence Transitional Care
Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist (Respiratory Therapy, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE/40 hours a week) to Providence Extended Care and Providence Transitional Care in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers who deliver every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable. The work schedule is flexible.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- RESPIRATORY CARE PROCEDURES, TREATMENTS, MEDICATIONS, DOCUMENTATION, RESPIRATORY INSTRUCTION: Carries out procedures and treatment orders. Knows why each medication and respiratory treatment is ordered. Completes documentation after each treatment and/or medication is given. Participates in educational instruction
- RESPIRATORY ASSESSMENT/DOCUMENTATION/REPORTING: Assesses and describes resident respiratory conditions. Documents assessments and therapy management recommendations. Collaborates with/reports to Charge Nurse and faxes information to the physician of record as appropriate. Documents interventions and outcomes
- ACCOUNTABILITY/LEADERSHIP: Explains reasons for recommendations, gives clear information upon request, solicits input from peers or manager PRN, accepts responsibility, is accountable for decisions, actions, and recommendations. Serves as proctor for students in Respiratory Care
- PERSONNEL: Participates in the orientation of new staff. Assists with and/or provides inservice education in the Department and on the nursing units. Addresses educational needs as they arise
- ADMISSIONS AND DISCHARGES: On admission, assesses residents as needed, carries out and documents respiratory admission orders. Upon discharge, removes equipment from the resident care area, completes any discharge documentation, and removes medications from the medication cart to be returned to the Pharmacy
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Improves own level of competence by keeping current on Respiratory Care techniques and other related health care issues
- Completes Competency Plan for assigned job and department
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as either a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Those credentialed after July 1, 2002, must show proof of credential renewal every five (5) years.
- Have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Newly hired Therapists who do not have BLS certification must obtain within 1 month of hire
- 1 year working in respiratory care services (may include student experience)
- Experience must include all aspects of respiratory care services from basic procedures to critical care as well as services for adolescent through geriatric clients
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Back to job listings