Assistant Professor – Respiratory Care – St. Catherine University
The Respiratory Care Program at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time, tenure track, Assistant Professor position with a 12 month contract.
Situated in the Henrietta Schmoll School of Health (HSSH), the Respiratory Care Program has been a leader in respiratory therapy education for more than 45 years. Our faculty work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their education and training to lead and influence positive change in their communities. This position is the Director of Clinical Education (DCE) for the Respiratory Care Program and works in cooperation with the Program Director to establish clinical sites, select and evaluate those sites, and facilitate ongoing development of communication between clinical sites and clinical faculty.
- Prepare Respiratory Care students for graduation through excellent clinical education.
- Serve as a liaison between the Respiratory Care program, the clinical education sites and the community.
- Coordinate and teach the equivalent of eight courses (32 credits) of clinical education courses as well as general allied health courses over a calendar year.
- Evaluate students’ performance, in cooperation with other program faculty, to determine their ability to integrate didactic and clinical learning experiences and to progress within the curriculum.
- Select clinical learning environments that demonstrate characteristics of sound patient/client management, ethical and professional behavior, and that are current with respiratory care practice.
- Evaluate each clinical education site through student feedback, on-site visits, and ongoing communications with routine sharing of information with academic and clinical faculties.
- Provide feedback to clinical educators concerning their effectiveness in delivering clinical learning experiences based on student feedback and through direct observations.
- Engage in service to the Respiratory Care Department, the HSSH, the University and the respiratory care profession by participation and leadership in standing or ad hoc committees.
To view the complete announcement, please visit: https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/5423
Application Deadline: 07/03/2021
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Back to job listings