Registered Respiratory Therapists & Level III NICU Registered Respiratory Therapists – SwedishAmerican
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking Registered Respiratory Therapists and Level III NICU Registered Respiratory Therapists to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Provide Respiratory Care treatments and services to patients.
- Supervise the work of other Therapists, technicians or students as needed.
- Work occasional shifts at SAMC-Belvidere as needed.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives, as well as, Health System initiatives.
Graduate of an accredited educational program for Respiratory Care.
- At least one year experience working as a Respiratory Care Practitioner preferred
- 2 years of Level III NICU experience for NICU RT
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and clearly and calmly communicate in English both verbally and in writing with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
- Current Registration (RRT credential) from the National Board of Respiratory Care as Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- License from the State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (within 90 days of passing test for new grads)
- Current CPR certification (once trained in the Special Care Nursery).
- PALS certification required within two years of hire date.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying.SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay. Sign on bonuses available.
Forward your resume to:
Back to job listings