- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Job category:
- Position type:
- Penn Medicine
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
Chester County Hospital has excellent opportunities for a Respiratory Therapists to deliver respiratory care as well as provide respiratory therapeutic modalities including: ABG acquisition; ventilator and airway management for adult, pediatric and infant patients; equipment maintenance; delivery of aerosol medication and chest physiotherapy; assessment of oxygen and medication requirements.
These positions are members of the Rapid Response Team and the Code Team for all but Gray and PCI. Respiratory Therapists do not have the responsibility of intubation at Chester County Hospital.
* Identify normal age related factors when planning/providing interventions such as safety, equipment, medication administration and improving the functional status of the patient
* Support the development and maintenance of a written Quality Improvement Plan that supports a systematic, coordinated, outcome focused-improvement approach
* Assist and implement systems/processes to monitor, evaluate and improve respiratory practices and patient care outcomes
* Ensure adherence to departmental policies/procedures
* Current license to practice Respiratory Therapy in Pennsylvania
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
* 1 yr of respiratory care experience with current acute care work
* Experience in all modalities of respiratory acute care
* ACLS, BLS and PALS
* High degree of clinical ability, motivation, self-direction and initiative
* Strong computer program skills for Soarian and MAK
* Effective problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
* Participation with Respiratory Care Associations (AARC/PSRC) preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
To apply, visit: www.pennmedicine.org/careers
Search for Job ID# 98810 (part-time.)
Live Your Life’s Work