- Houston, Texas
- Job category:
- Position type:
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Full Time, Night shift working from 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. during weekdays and rotating weekends
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312-bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston’s regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.
JOB SUMMARY: At Houston Methodist, the Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) position is responsible for performing routine respiratory care procedures as assigned, varying in complexity which include, but are not limited to, preparation, administration and monitoring of medication and treatment modalities and gas therapy, ventilator support, spirometry and assistance with bronchoscopy. This position may perform diagnostic testing of the cardiac respiratory system, as appropriate. As a member of the direct patient care team, the RCP position provides direct assistance to physicians and other care health professionals, with respiratory care-related procedures within the scope of the professional licensure. This position delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to standards and guidelines established by respiratory and regulatory agencies and Houston Methodist to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service.
· Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section
· No experience required: at least one year of experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner is strongly preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
· Registered as Respiratory Therapist by National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC-RRT)
· Licensed as Respiratory Care Practitioner by the Texas Medical Board (TMB-RCP)
· American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
· American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 90 days of hire. Current incumbents have one year to obtain from effective date of job description.
· American Heart Association Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)*
· American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support (PALS)*
*preferred, depending on area assigned
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Click on the below link to apply for this position with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital: https://www.houstonmethodistcareers.org/job/respiratory-care-practitioner-full-time-nights-10k-sign-on-and-employee-referral-bonus-respiratory-therapists-houston-methodist-wi-17-4746/