National Minority Health Month
April is National Minority Health Month! According to the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) this month is “a time to raise awareness about health disparities that continue to affect racial and ethnic minority populations and encourage action through health education, early detection, and control of disease complications.”
This year’s National Minority Health Month theme is #VaccineReady. This theme was chosen to spread the awareness of how COVID-19 has disproportionately affected minorities. The NIMHD is working with other federal agencies to encourage communities to get vaccinated.
Show your support for the COVID-19 vaccine and encourage others to get vaccinated with the AARC vaccine pin. You can find it at the AARC Store.
National Public Health Week
National Public Health Week (NPHW) takes place April 5-11. The American Public Health Association (APHA) puts on NPHW every year. It’s a time to recognize the contributions of public health and highlight issues that are important to improving our nation’s health.
This year’s theme is “Building Bridges to Better Health.” The APHA will host a forum on April 5 and they have included other activities on their website.
During this time, take advantage of your AARC resources by enrolling in our Pulmonary Rehab course.
World Health Day
World Health Day is April 7. The World Health Organization’s (WHO) slogan for this day is “building a fairer, healthier world.” This slogan was created to bring attention to COVID-19 and how it has disproportionately impacted select groups of people.
“As COVID-19 has highlighted, some people are able to live healthier lives and have better access to health services than others – entirely due to the conditions in which they are born, grow, live, work and age.” – WHO
Check out how COVID-19 has impacted the RT community:
- COVID-19 News & Resources
- Support RT on the Front Lines of COVID-19
- Thank You RTs for Fighting COVID-19
- Honoring RTs One Year on the Front Lines of COVID-19
- Donate to the COVID-19 RT Fund
- More COVID-19 AARC News
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Wellness Day
Set to the theme “Live Better and Live Longer,” Pulmonary Rehabilitation Wellness Day is Apr. 7. With the goal to showcase the significant benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation, you are encouraged to:
- Share the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Wellness advocacy letter with your organization and community.
- Post the advocacy letter and infographic on your website.
- Take part in a social media blitz on April 7 as part of National Pulmonary Rehabilitation Wellness Day by sharing the attached infographic on your social media pages that day. Be sure to include the theme “Live better and live longer” and the following tags: #PulmonaryRehabiliationMatters #PulmonaryRehabilitationWellnessDay #WorldHealthDay.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Wellness Day is organized by the ATS Pulmonary Rehabilitation Assembly US Reimbursement Work Group.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you.