AARC Mission Statement
The AARC is the foremost professional association promoting respiratory therapists.
AARC Vision Statement
The AARC advances professional excellence and science in the practice of respiratory therapy, serving the profession, patients, caregivers and the public.
AARC Horizon Goals (2019–2020)
- Advocacy: Respiratory care provided by respiratory therapists is recognized and supported in all health care settings.
- Communications/marketing: AARC consistently delivers the right message, to the right audience, at the right time, through the right channel.
- Education/professional development: AARC offers engaging, valuable professional education that advances the professional practice of respiratory therapy and supports advancement of the profession.
- Events/Meetings: The AARC is recognized as the #1 provider of engaging, high-quality world-class educational and research conferences that attract respiratory therapists and inter-professional audiences.
- Membership: AARC has an engaged, diverse membership comprised of the majority of practicing respiratory therapists.
- Revenue and finance: The AARC produces ample revenues from diverse sources, which are managed to the highest standards.
Revised: July 2014; Sept. 2014; Feb. 2017; Dec. 2018
Approved: Dec. 7, 2018