Ambulatory and Post-Acute Care Chair
rtNOW Telerespiratory & CORE Staffing,
(d/b/a’s) Vital Nurse Staffing, LLC
Chief Sales Officer
Member Since: 1979
- AARC Program Consultant, Office Spirometry Certification, 2019–present
- AARC Online Course Presenter: Pulmonary Function Testing-Spirometry, 2016-present AARC Online Course Pulmonary
- Disease Educator Presenter, 2016–present
- AARC Course Pulmonary Disease Educator Presenter, 2015–2016
- AARC Ascent Spirometry Project Manager, 2014–2017
- AARC National Captain, Drive4COPD Adopt-a-Company, 2012
- LAC-MD-32 Project Assistant, 2012–2013
- BI Spirometry Trainer, 2011–2014
- PACT Member 2011–present
House of Delegates Activities:
- HOD Treasurer, 2015,2016
- Delegate, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2013–2014
- Delegate, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2008–2011
- HOD Publications Committee Member, 2008–2009
- HOD Orientation Committee Member 2009–2011
- President, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2004
- Vice President, MN Society for Respiratory Care
- Secretary, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2006–2008
- Delegate, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2008–2011, 2013–2014
- Board of Directors MN Society for Respiratory Care 1999–2001 and in the 1980’s
- Co-Chair Legislative Affairs, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2012–2018
- Member, Legislative Affairs, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2018–present
- Member, Legislative Affairs, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2008–2011
- Chair Annual Education Committee, MN Society for Respiratory Care
- Crew Chief Drive4COPD, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2013
- State Captain Drive4COPD, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2011
- Vendor Liaison, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 1995–2002
- Chair Legislative Affairs, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 1979–1983
- RCP of the Year, MN Society for Respiratory Care, 2008
- President, MN Association of Home Medical Equipment, 1999–2000 Secretary, MN Association of Home Medical Equipment, 2006–2008
- Board of Directors, Midwest Association for Medical Equipment, 2001–2003 MN State Chair, Midwest Association for Medical Equipment, 2001–2003
- A.A.S. Respiratory Therapy, St Mary’s Jr College, 1979
- B.A. Business Administration, Metropolitan State University, 1994 RRT, National Board for Respiratory Care, 1979
- CPFT, National Board for Respiratory Care, 2009
Elections Committee Questions:
Within your role, and if given the opportunity, how would you incorporate and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion to uphold, update, and uplift the AARC as an organization, all AARC affiliates, and all AARC members?
I believe that each and every person has unique skills, knowledge and backgrounds that contribute to each others success and satisfaction within any organization. I believe “it takes a village” with everyone being able to participate and contribute to the goals of the AARC, its affiliates and members.
What ideas would you present to increase AARC membership?
Continue social media engagement with members and non-members highlighting the multitude of offerings for members. Highlights of what the AARC delivers is easily shared by members to their colleagues that are potential members. Showing that the AARC is adaptive to the unique challenges in healthcare. Example; how the AARC launched the invaluable “Resources for COVID-19” community on AARConnect.
Members need to continue demonstrating professionalism, positive attitudes, fun and excellence so that others will want to be a part of the experience. Ask others to join!
Value of section membership is important. If given the opportunity to represent, what would be some steps you would take to continue to increase the value of section membership and gain further engagement of section members?
The Ambulatory and Post-Acute Care Section under its current chair has encouraged the members to participate in active ways. This section has a broad reach with many individuals with exceptional experience. Promoting engagement by all and asking what the members are looking to get out of this section and then delivering. I would work with the members to actively promote this section to gain the membership needed for a seat on the AARC BOD’s.