AARC has been presented with a report from the National Health Council, evaluating the patient experience with health insurance exchanges. AARC is a member of the National Health Council.
AARC and the other members of the Council established five principles for a better health marketplace for patients:
- Ensure cost-sharing structures and other plan design elements do not discriminate against people with chronic conditions or impede access to care
- Create transparency standards to ensure patients have access to complete details about the coverage and cost of health insurance exchange plans
- Make insurance exchange plan materials easier for patients to understand by creating uniformity of content and design
- Establish continuity of care requirements that protect patients transitioning into new coverage
- Ensure that all health insurance exchange plans meet federal requirements
The entire report is available for review.