February 28, 2013
Help Send Off the PACT with Success
Your AARC PACT representatives will be heading to Washington, DC, on March
12 to visit with their members of Congress about issues important to respiratory
therapists and our patients. To ensure these legislators and their health
staffs are ready to hear our message, we’re hosting a Virtual Lobby
Week beginning March 1. The idea is to harness the power of all 52,000
members of the AARC to “prime the pump” for the Hill visits.
Join. Renew. Win.–First Prizes Awarded!
We’re building membership this year through a new campaign
where you can win prizes. See if you know the members who have won an
iPad and Kindle Fire! If you’re up for renewal by April 30, you’ll
be in our next cycle as a possible winner.
Remembering Dr. Koop
The AARC is remembering former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop this week, with a look back at how the influential physician worked closely with the Association to help shape issues important to the profession, including the care of ventilator-dependent children and adults. “Dr. Koop helped put respiratory therapists on the health care roadmap,” said past AARC Executive Director Sam Giordano.
Spotlight Shines on Sleep Next Week
National Sleep Awareness Week kicks off on Sunday, and it’s a great
time to not only raise awareness of sleep disorders in your community,
but also to take a another look at all of the sleep-related resources
available to you through the AARC.
March AARC Times Focuses on Sleep Too
If you’d like to learn more about how sleep diagnosis and treatment play out in the real world check out the feature beginning on page 26 of your March issue of AARC Times. Seven sleep specialists joined AARC Associate Executive Director Tim Myers for a Sleep Focus Group at the AARC Congress in New Orleans, and their experiences suggest there is no limit to how RTs can be utilized in the world of sleep. Perfect read for next week!
News Now @ Respiratory Care Journal
- The March online issue of your science Journal is now available at www.rcjournal.com. The new Journal site is fitted for desktop computers, laptops, and tablets.
- Browse the Journal from any smartphone in a streamlined view. Just enter www.rcjournal.com on your phone browser.
- Soon the open access to the new website will end. To assure that as an AARC member you have online access, you must activate your Journal subscription now. Just follow these 4 easy steps:
- Click here
- Click “ACTIVATE your AARC Member subscription”
- Enter your AARC member number in the “Customer Number box”
- Create your own User Name and Password for future access to the site
Comments or questions? Want to opt out of future emails? Let us know.