January 3, 2013
We want to grow AARC Active membership! More members mean more opportunities
for us to deliver better education, better management tools, and better
communication and information resources for everyone. Plus any Active
member joining or renewing during the defined campaign periods will be
eligible for a Kindle Fire or an iPad. Read all about it in our Campaign
Fellowship Program: City Hosts, Fellowship Applicants Wanted
The AARC is looking for city hosts for its 2013 International Fellowship Program, so if you're interested in hosting a colleague from abroad this fall, read more about it and then apply. We're also seeking applicants for the 2013 Fellowships themselves, and interested clinicians from countries outside the U.S. are encouraged to apply. All applications must be in by June 1.
Best Practices in Respiratory Care Productivity and Staffing
Ensuring patient safety is paramount in the nation’s health care facilities, and that requires adequate staffing of respiratory care departments. Our new White Paper provides the guidance you need to educate your administrators about acceptable standards of practice recognized by the profession. This members-only document can help you make your case when seeking to maintain or increase FTEs.
RESPIRATORY CARE New Website Features
Check out the Journal site in the HighWire platform, www.rcjournal.com, and link to Email Alerts to receive the new issue’s Table of Contents and new papers published ahead of print. Other features:
- Access the current issue directly from our home page, with easy navigation to features and return to the home page.
- View full text of papers as HTML: this allows you to enlarge figures and tables for easier viewing, download tables and figures as PowerPoint slides, and click on hypertext links to references, many allowing free retrieval of full text.
- You can easily email a citation to a friend or colleague as well, giving you a way to make the journal accessible to physicians you work with.
- With social bookmarking you can post the citation to your Facebook page, which allows you to alert friends about a paper you think is important.
- PubMed and Google Scholar linking let you find other papers by the same authors.
- Quickly search for content related to the article from within the Journal or on PubMed. Search the issue by keywords to focus on content of interest.
- Download to a citation manager such as EndNote, Reference Manager, or Papers to build a library of RESPIRATORY CARE content.
- Link directly to CRCE to receive one free contact hour each month.
- Link directly to podcasts, clinical practice guidelines, and recent OPEN FORUM abstracts.
And much, much more…check it out and make it your homepage today! Until further notice, the new site is open access (no user name and password required).
Comments or questions? Want to opt out of future emails? Let us know.