Since 1947, the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) has been
committed to enhancing your professionalism as a respiratory care practitioner,
improving your performance on the job, and helping you broaden the scope
of knowledge essential to your success. With more than 50,000 members
nationwide, the AARC is the only professional society for respiratory
therapists in hospitals and with home care companies, managers of respiratory
and cardiopulmonary services, and educators who provide respiratory care
- Is AARC Right for You?
- Our video explains some of the ways AARC can support you and help you be a better respiratory therapist.
- Join or Renew
- Becoming a member is as easy as filling out a quick online application.
- Benefits and Services
- Learn more about the benefits of being a member of the AARC.
- Member Savings Calculator
- See how much AARC membership saves you.
- Address Change
- AARC members can update addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses online.
- Membership Classifications
- Learn more about levels of AARC membership.
- New Members
- New members of the AARC.
- Student Center
- Students can get connected with the best benefits and services for them.
- Vision and Mission
- This is the vision and mission statement of the AARC.
- Goals and Objectives
- The AARC’s Goals and Objectives for 2013/14.
- Policy and Procedures Manual
- A listing of the Association’s policies and procedures.
- Contact the AARC
- How to contact the AARC Executive office.
- AARC Officiary
- AARC members can access the contact information of elected and appointed
leaders with the AARC online officiary.
- AARC Fellowship Program
- AARC Members who have reached a level of distinction in the professional practice of respiratory care may be eligible for induction into the AARC Fellowship Program.
- About the AARC
- A brief overview of the AARC today.
- The AARC Timeline & History
- A look back at the 50-year history of the AARC and the profession.
- Leadership Algorithm
- If you want to get involved in AARC activities and serve on committees, this algorithm provides you with an avenue to involvement. 15K Acrobat file.
- Strategic Plan of the AARC
- A copy of the AARC's strategic plan.
- The AARC and its affiliates each have bylaws that govern their activities. The bylaws for the AARC and several of its chartered affiliates are presented here for your reference.
- AARC Awards and Honors
- This is a list of the individuals who have received Life Membership, Honorary
Membership, the Jimmy A. Young medal, Zenith Award or are past presidents
of the AARC.