- Evaluate the transitional needs to meet the competencies necessary to develop the ‘Respiratory Therapist for 2015 and Beyond’ based on the expected needs of respiratory care patients, the profession, and the evolving health care system.
- Continue to develop and execute strategies that will increase membership and participation in the AARC both nationally and internationally.
- Promote patient access to RTs as medically necessary in all care settings through appropriate vehicles at local, regional, and national venues.
- Continue to promote the patient and his/her family’s needs by being the advocate for those patients with respiratory disorders.
- Continue to advance our international respiratory community presence through activities designed to address issues affecting educational, medical, and professional trends in the global respiratory care community and to advance advocacy for the patient.
- Promote the access of high-quality continuing education to develop and enhance the skill base of current practitioners to meet the future needs of our profession.
- Maintain and expand relevant communication and alliances with key allies and organizations within our communities of interest.
- Expand efforts to obtain research funding.
- Increase and enhance activities to increase public awareness of respiratory therapists and their role in the treatment of respiratory disorders.