Criteria and Rules for AARC Fellowship
The AARC Fellowship Program recognizes members who have made significant
and sustained contributions to the art and science of respiratory care.
- Be an Active or Associate member of the AARC in good standing for
at least ten consecutive years prior to the deadline for receipt of
- Possess the RRT credential issued by the NBRC or be a licensed physician
with a respiratory care-related specialty.
- Current members of the AARC Board of Directors are not eligible.
- Must be nominated by a Fellow of the AARC with membership in good
- Must have demonstrated national prominent leadership, influence and
achievement in clinical practice, education or science.
- Must possess documented evidence of significant contribution to the
respiratory care profession and to the AARC.
- Nominations will be evaluated annually by the Fellowship Selection
Committee, consisting of five current Fellows appointed by the AARC
- New Fellows will be inducted during the Awards Ceremony held in conjunction
with the annual AARC International Respiratory Congress.
- Newly inducted Fellows will receive a pin, a certificate suitable
for framing and will have their names added to the list of Fellows on
the AARC web site.
- Fellows have the right to identify themselves with FAARC after their
- All Fellows must maintain their AARC membership after induction.
- Deadline for receipt of nominations and all supporting documentation
will be August 1 of the calendar year in which the nomination is to
be considered. For 2014, nomination packets should be postmarked no
later than July 26, 2014 to ensure receipt in the AARC Executive Office
by the established deadline.
The next group of Fellows will be inducted at the AARC Congress 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, December 9-12.