AARC Congress 2016 just wrapped up in October, but the Program Committee is already hard at work on next year’s meeting in Indianapolis. Requests for proposals are coming in now, and the committee will have its first formal meeting shortly after the first of the year to go over the results and begin crafting the agenda for 2017.
Earlybird Registration is underway too, and whether you’ve signed up yet or are still contemplating attendance, you may be wondering, “Why Indianapolis?”
Here are six facts about this Midwestern metropolis that led USA Today to name it the No. 1 convention destination in the country–
- It’s convenient: With more hotel rooms connected to the convention center via climate controlled skywalks than in any other city in the nation, attendees can get just about any place they want to go without ever stepping outside.
- Restaurants are plentiful and close by: You’ll find more than 200 restaurants serving every taste and budget within a short, five minute walk of the convention center.
- It’s affordable: Rates at Indianapolis hotels are significantly lower than those seen in many other cities, making it more cost-effective to attend.
- Easy to get to: With a location in the heartland, Indianapolis is a short flight for many in the country, and the top rated Indianapolis International Airport – named “Best Airport” by Airports Council International and Condé Nast alike — is only 15 minutes from your downtown destination.
- Innovation is everywhere: Attractions like the 8-mile Cultural Trail, which takes you through six thriving cultural districts in the city; White River State Park, located in the heart of downtown and considered one of the largest contemporary art parks in the country; and the world’s largest children’s museum prove this city is all about doing something new.
- You’ll be welcomed with open arms: The natives call it “Hoosier Hospitality.” First rate amenities combined with exceptional service leave you feeling like you are the most important person in the room.