Good Press: AARC Members in the News
September 17, 2009
Check out our latest list of newsmakers—
- Bill Browne is noted for providing free asthma education to his community in this article in the Poughkeepsie, NY, Journal. “If someone wants to have a training session, they contact me and I set it up with them,” he was quoted as saying.
- David Zobeck comments on his college’s acquisition of an infant simulator in this article on WGAL.com out of Pennsylvania. Students from respiratory care and nursing held a party to “welcome” the new addition to campus.
- Abegail Kopf receives kudos for receiving an excellence in teaching award in this article on the University of Hawai’i web site.
- AARC Executive Director Sam Giordano emphasizes the vital importance of the Association’s ventilator survey in this article in Newsday out of New York. (The HHS-requested survey is still open–if your hospital has yet to participate, urge your RT managers to do so today.)
- Katie Sabato comments on new equipment acquired by her department in this press release posted on Reuters.com.
- Lonnie Davenport, Aaron Light, and Michaela Ihasz share information about their RT program and how it has grown over the past seven years in this article on the OzarksFirst.com web site out of Springfield, MO.
- Walt Wilson writes about a CF Walk hosted by his RC program in this article in the Natchez, MS, Democrat, telling readers about a young patient he cared for earlier in his career and urging everyone in his community to come out in support of the event.
- Jason Bazemore talks about his transition from mortgage banker to RT student in this article in the Richmond, VA, Times Dispatch. His program director, Nakia Austin, weighs in on career changers in the same story.
- Richard Branson and Dario Rodriguez are noted for their military transport research in this article on the University of Cincinnati web site. (Stay tuned to AARC Times for more on this cutting edge work and the state-of-the-art training program that supports it.)