Good Press: AARC Members in the News
June 30, 2009
Here is our latest list of newsmakers –
Tu tram Dinh
- Folks in Rochester, MN, got the chance to learn more about a
legend in the profession recently in this article and sidebar in the Post-Bulletin.
The subject: none other than Dr. H. F. "Fred" Helmholz Jr. Now 98,
Dr. Helmholz helped to start the respiratory care program at the Mayo Clinic.
- Cathy Beeler, Michael Bingaman, Lori Bruick, Cheryl Fenstermaker,
Christine Harvey, Kelli Miller, Joseph Mlinarich, Jason Pierce, Brenda Morgan,
Beth Ritter, Judy Sterner, and Laurie Wallace are all recognized at key members
of the neonatal transport team at their hospital in this article in the Danville, PA, News.
- George Garcia comments on a new RT program established by American Career College in this article in the Costa Mesa, CA, Daily Pilot. “American Career College introduced its first Respiratory Therapy
class in September of 2008 at its Orange County campus and judging by that
program’s success, we are confident that the Ontario campus will experience a
similar response,” the program director was quoted as saying.
- Stacy Hesse is noted as a keynote speaker for a program on COPD,
while Deborah Pierce is mentioned as the contact person for the series, in this article in the Battle Creek, MI, Enquirer. Deborah is also pictured in this Enquirer article about a fun
competition held for her pulmonary rehab patients.
- Chris Rausch is featured as her hospital’s “Shining Star” for the
month of June in this article in the Cherokee, IA, Chronicle
- Andrea Greynolds is noted for being her school’s 7500th graduate
in this article in the Marietta, OH, Times. Andrea graduated with a 4.0 grade point average and already has a job
lined up. "I'm really very honored," she was quoted as saying.
"I have been working for this for the last three-and-a-half years and I'm
- Denise McGinly’s new job as director of cardiac and respiratory
services is the topic of this article on the
PressofAtlanticCity.com web site.
- Travis Stepro fills his community in on new pulmonary function
testing services at his hospital in this article in the Greencastle, IN, Banner-Graphic.
- Ann Allen is noted as the contact person for a day camp for kids
with asthma in this article in the Greenwood, SC, Today.
- Tu tram Dinh is pictured showing 7th graders about respiratory
care in this article in the Greenville, NC, Daily Reflector. Tu was taking part in a program to raise awareness of health
careers among middle school students.
- Teresa DeTano is noted joining a local hospital as director of
quality services and clinical education in this article in the Marion, OH, Star.
- Angela Lindale is recognized for receiving her hospital’s “You
Make a Difference” award in this article in the Salisbury, MD, Delmarva Now.
- Judy Adrian is noted for volunteering at an asthma camp in this article in the Salisbury, NC, Post.
- The Louisiana Society for Respiratory Care receives a mention for
recognizing a local facility as a Hospital of the Year in this article in the Baton Rouge, LA, Advocate. Our Lady of the Lake was honored in the over 200-beds division.
- And St. Mary’s Hospital is recognized for earning the AARC’s Quality
Respiratory Care Recognition in this article on BayNet.com out of Maryland.