Ashley F. Dulle
- Bill Browne is featured in this article in the Poughkeepsie, NY, Journal for the many hours he has volunteered to help people with lung disease in his community. Bill leads a free training program for asthma patients and also hosts a Better Breathers group.
- Jackie Laska explains how smoke from “prescribed burns” can affect the respiratory system in this article on the WALB-TV Web site out of Albany, GA.
- Jason Bordelon and Ashley F. Dulle explain how they are using videoconferencing in their educational program in this article in The Town Talk out of Central Louisiana. Several of their students are interviewed as well.
- Chris Kallus comments on a program at his college to teach schoolchildren about different careers in this article in the Victoria, TX, Advocate. His presentation on RT gave kids the chance to see the difference between diseased and normal lungs, and they also got to try on an airway clearance vest.
- Jane Wilderding-Matsui is noted as a speaker for an upcoming pulmonary care conference in this article in the Sioux City, IA, Journal.
- Scott Daniel comments on his department’s CAP accreditation in this article in the Main Street Business Journal out of Washington, UT. “The notification letter was very complimentary, congratulating us on the excellence of the services we provide,” he was quoted as saying.
- Phil Pooley is the go-to person for information on heart disease in this article in the Gridley, CA, Herald. Jon Smedberg is mentioned as well, and Jon receives his own great coverage in another article in the same publication on his receipt of his hospital’s Employee of the Month award.
- Deborah Hudson is noted for serving on a panel aimed at informing her community about a proposed smoking ban extension in this article in the Indianapolis, IN, Star. “It’s not a minor nuisance,” she was quoted as saying about secondhand smoke, “it’s deadly.”
- The West Virginia Society for Respiratory Care is listed as a sponsor of a recent Asthma Awareness Day in this article in the Charleston, WV, State Journal. The event featured asthma testing, equipment demonstrations, and educational information at the state capitol.
And here are the latest facilities that have received coverage for earning the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in this article in the Kaufman, TX, Herald.
- Warren Hospital in this article in the Leigh Valley, PA, Express-Times.
- Arnot Health in this article in the Elmira, NY, Star-Gazette.
- Schuyler Hospital in this article, also in the Elmira, NY, Star-Gazette.