- Patricia Machuca, Marla Pitts, and Denise Warrick received special honors at the American Lung Association’s Advances in Respiratory Care Conference and the awards were noted in this article on VEGASINC.com.
- Lera Foster offers up good reasons to quit smoking in this article in the Independence, MO, Examiner. “While this struggle can be formidable, the benefits are as widespread as the downsides of remaining a smoker,” she told her readers.
- Susan McQuade talks about her annual asthma camp for kids in this article and video on the ABC website out of Abilene, TX. “We’re doing regular activities that kids that go to camp do but these kids are also learning how to manage their asthma symptoms in a safe environment," she was quoted as saying.
- Janyth Bolden provides some great advice for people living with asthma in this article in the Contra Costa Times out of California. “Are you doing a good job of controlling your asthma? If you use a rescue inhaler or wake up due to shortness of breath more than twice a week, you probably are not,” she wrote.
- George Thumpayil recently received one of his hospital’s Core Value Awards, and the achievement was announced in this article in the hospital newsletter. George was honored for being a “calm and wise figure who provides the steady guidance to get through the days and nights by listening and initiating the best solutions.”
- Jon Nilsestuen promotes the respiratory care profession in this article in the Houston, TX, Chronicle, noting the many roles RTs play in the care of patients across the continuum.
And last but certainly not least, when the Sunset Advisory Commission proposed deregulating respiratory therapists in Texas, these AARC members made sure their communities knew why that would be a bad idea: