- Greg Morgan explains what it was like to be the first commercial asthma patient in Minnesota to undergo bronchial thermoplasty in this article and video on the CBS-TV website out of Minneapolis. “I have not used either the inhaler or the nebulizer at all since then. So it's been just an amazing turn of events for me,” he was quoted as saying. Prior to the treatment Greg used his inhaler and nebulizer from 10-26 times a day.
- Jackie Grimbal talks about her local ALA asthma camp for kids and how parents can tell if their children are running into trouble with their asthma in this article and video on the ABC-TV website out of Charleston, SC. “A lot of children, before they have an asthma episode, they stop playing like they usually do,” she was quoted as saying.
- Christy Hall serves as the spokesperson in this article and video on the FOX-TV website out of North Carolina about what’s entailed in a sleep test. “A lot of people say, ‘oh, I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep,’ but I think they’re relieved that somehow we’re going to get some answers to things they’ve struggled with and a lot of people sleep better than they think,” she told the TV reporter.
- Dawn Thompson explains why her hospital is starting a Better Breathers Club in this article on TownSquareBuzz.com out of McKinney, TX. “Living with lung disease can be difficult and we see this club as a way for individuals to learn from each other and share tips for how to live better,” she was quoted as saying.
- Cindy Coopersmith recalls what it was like to deal with her own asthma during last year’s wildfires in her Colorado community in this article in the Columbus, IN, Republic. “People with respiratory issues were in trouble. If you looked outside, you knew it was not good,” she was quoted as saying.
- Breast cancer survivor Anita Harris has just opened a shop tailored to other breast cancer survivors and she explains why she decided to do it while still maintaining her job in respiratory home care in this article in the Odessa, TX, American.
- Cindy Lepore and her two sisters share their journey with inherited breast and ovarian cancer in this article on the NBC News website and why they made the same decision as was recently made by actress Angelina Jolie.
- Connie Dills throws her support behind a proposed tax hike on cigarettes in this article on the NBC-TV website out of Connecticut. “I see way too many Connecticut residents whose lives are adversely affected by cigarettes,” she was quoted as saying.
And here are the latest facilities to make headlines for earning Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC—
- Lane Regional Medical Center in this article in the Zachary, LA, Plainsman-News.
- Select Specialty Hospital in this article in the Johnston, PA, Tribune-Democrat.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman in this article in the Kaufman, TX, Herald.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in this press release on the News Medical website.
- Saint Francis Medical Center in this article in the Cape Girardeau, MO, Daily Journal. RT manager Rose Shafer was quoted as saying, “This recognition is a testament to our commitment to very good care here at Saint Francis.”