- Gary Johnson explains why there’s such a big demand for RTs in his state in this article in the Exponet-Telegram out of Clarksburg, WV, pointing both to the high number of COPD patients and the fact that RTs support patients throughout the hospital. “It is a huge responsibility,” he was quoted as saying. RT student Rachel Cochran is pictured with Gary as well.
- Ann Allen and Karla Gilliam join student Holly Gosling in touting the respiratory care profession in this Program Spotlight blog on the Piedmont Technical College website. “I chose this field to get hands on experience working directly with patients so I can make a difference in their lives,” Holly was quoted as saying. Program grad Eddie Brown weighs in too: “I really love my patients. I love respiratory, and I love what I do.”
Front row, from left to right,Jessica Ford and Holly Gosling; back row, from left to right, Karla Gilliam and Ann Allen
- As she was getting ready to graduate from Jan Brink’s RT program, Dorothy Bingham shared the journey she went on to get to this point in this article in the Fort Wayne, IN, Journal Gazette. Despite illness and family issues that ranged from a daughter who received severe burns while living in South Korea to a grandchild born ten weeks early, she stuck with the program and at age 54, was looking forward to walking across the stage to receive her diploma.
- Marianne Jankowski talks about the new bachelor degree program for licensed respiratory therapists launched by her university in this article on the college website. The program is the first of its kind in the state of Florida, and Marianne says “students will be challenged to achieve their highest potential in this field.”
- Connie Hatch receives kudos for a couple of recent honors in this article in the Sanpete County, UT, Daily Herald. The Utah Society for Respiratory Care presented her with its Respiratory Therapist of the Year award and she was named Respiratory Care Rural Respiratory Therapist of the Year by Intermountain Healthcare as well. RT director Steve Abplanakp and manager Kim Bennion say she’s well deserving of the honors. “Connie exemplifies Intermountain Healthcare's concept of superb care by bringing such needed diagnostic services to the patient," Steve was quoted as saying.
And the press coverage for facilities that have earned the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition continues–
- Walla Walla General Hospital in this article in the Walla Walla, WA, Union-Bulletin.
- Orange Park Medical Center in this article on the hospital website.
- Community Memorial Healthcenter in this article on the hospital website. (Click on the link for a great picture of the staff.)
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center in this article in the Syracuse, NY, Post-Standard.
- Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System in this article in the Salinas, CA, Californian.
- Pella Regional Health Center in this article on the KNIA-AM/KRLS-FM radio station website out of Knoxville/Pella, IA.