Good Press: AARC Members in the News
April 23, 2013
See who’s been making news lately—
Dr. Larry E. Leaming
- A memorial scholarship in the names of two local pulmonologists has been created for respiratory therapy students in Shirley Jenkins’ program, and she comments on the move in this article on the CBS-TV website out of Jackson, MS. “Both men knew the value of respiratory therapy to healthcare and devoted a significant amount of time to ensuring the success of our program and its students,” she was quoted as saying.
- Dr. Larry E. Leaming’s appointment to a newly forming state health insurance exchange was announced in this article in the Las Cruses, NM, Sun-News. The exchange is expected to begin offering insurance to New Mexicans who are uninsured as early as Oct. 1. Larry is CEO of Roosevelt General Hospital.
- Vicki Smith’s students recently visited a local elementary school to teach the kids about the dangers of tobacco use, and the outing was covered in this article in the Southwest Shadow out of Las Vegas, NV. “The students and teachers want us to go back next year to teach tobacco education again,” she was quoted as saying.
- Anna Hagney weighs in on President Obama’s proposed 94 cent cigarette tax hike in this article and video on the KOAA-TV website out of Colorado Springs and Pueblo, CO. “I think it’s a great thought, but in reality studies have shown that it doesn’t really work,” she was quoted as saying. “An addict is going to get what an addict needs and it doesn’t matter how much you have to pay for it.”
And these hospitals were recognized for earning the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition–
- Hendrick Medical Center in this article in the Abilene, TX, Reporter-News.
- Baylor Medical Center at McKinney in this article on TownSquareBuzz.com.
- Garden Park Medical Center in this article on the HCA website.
- Union Hospital in this article in the Dover-New Philadelphia, OH, Times Reporter.
- Ambassador Health System in this article in the Lincoln, NE, Journal Star.
- Navarro Regional Health in this article in the Corsicana, TX, Daily Sun.
- Queen’s Medical Center in this article in the Pacific Business News out of Honolulu, HI. “This award is a tribute to our dedicated Queen’s respiratory care practitioners and their daily efforts in placing our patients first, while promoting quality and safety in the delivery of evidence-based respiratory care,” Carol Agard was quoted as saying.
Queen's Medical Center staffers
- Weatherford Regional Medical Center in this article in the Weatherford, TX, Democrat. “Our respiratory care staff works diligently to ensure that a high level of care is available to our patients,” Debra Ketchum was quoted as saying.