- Mitch Fischer is noted for being named dean of health sciences at his college in this article in the Asheville, NC, Citizen-Times.
- Robin Wilson talks about her long career in RT and how things have changed over the years at her facility in this article on tricities.com out of Virginia and Tennessee.
- Andrew Mazzoli is featured for helping school children with their science projects in this article in the Augusta, GA, Chronicle.
- Stacey Zell takes advantage of the attention created by National Sleep Awareness Week to tout her new sleep center in this article in the Northfield, MN, Patch. “Sleepiness can be a sign of sleep deprivation, but for people who do get enough sleep it is often a sign of an undiagnosed sleep disorder,” she was quoted as saying.
- Melissa Dinsmore is noted for her appointment to the Kansas Commission on Emergency Planning and Response in this article on infozine.com.
- Ann Meicher comments on a program at her hospital that raises funds for new medical equipment from donations collected among hospital staff in this article in the Juneau County, WI, Star Times. Her department was just the recipient of a new, $3,000 AED. “It came from our own employees and shows support from our co-workers,” she was quoted as saying.
- Brenda Norris receives kudos for making the honor roll at her university in this article in the Pittsburg, KS, Morning Sun.
- Kevin Koch explains how to detect a possible sleep disorder in a spouse in this article and video on the ABC-TV affiliate website out of Sioux City, IA. “If you ever observed your spouse sleeping and there's a long pause and then stoppage breathing and then a sudden awakening [with] a gasp of breathing, well then that's a red flag and its time to go see your physician,” he was quoted as saying.
And these facilities have been in the news for receiving the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition—
- Norwalk Hospital in this article on Connecticutplus.com.
- Kindred Hospital in this article in the Victoria, TX, Advocate.
Time is quickly running out to apply for the QRCR program in 2012. Open enrollment/recertification ends Mar. 31, so head over to the webpage to see how you can earn this designation for your facility today.