Good Press: AARC Members in the News
January 16, 2012
Check our our latest list of newsmakers—
Christopher J. Russian
Stephen Varkony, III
Karen Kaletski Dufault
- Christopher J. Russian is noted for receiving a library research grant to pursue a study on the use of clinical simulation videos to enhance simulation practice at his university in this article in the San Marcos, TX, Mercury.
- Nikki Dato comments on new pulmonary function equipment at her hospital in this article in the Wilmington, OH, News-Journal. She and her whole staff are noted for the care they provide to pulmonary patients in this one in the same publication.
- Tom Bainbridge talks about his pulmonary rehabilitation program in this article in the Dispatch out of Lexington, NC, noting the need for such a program is great because 10% of the people in his county suffer from a pulmonary condition vs. just 7% statewide.
- Theresa Baltz is in the spotlight for her volunteer work with the American Lung Association in this article on the ALA website. Theresa volunteers for the ALA Walk campaign in Nashville, TN, every year.
- Allen Panarese is noted for his re-election to vice chairman of his local school board in this article in the Everett Independent out of Massachusetts. Alan has served on the board for ten years and was considered instrumental in helping to expedite the building of a new high school in the community.
- Amy Korn-Reavis warns readers not to ignore sleep problems in this article on Shape.com. “If a person has heart issues, diabetes, or high blood pressure and they have issues sleeping, snoring, or high levels of fatigue, they should talk to their physician about it,” she was quoted as saying.
- Ed Mehaffey is noted for his new job as director of respiratory services in this article in the Burlington County Times out of New Jersey.
- Stephen Varkony, III is featured for his new position as clinical manager of respiratory services in this article on the 1PHILLY.com website.
- Josh J. Escudero is noted for joining a local college as director of respiratory care in this article on ReadMedia.com.
- Student member Michelle McGarry writes about asthma in this article in the Leominster, MA, Champion. Karen Kaletski Dufault is noted as her program director.