Theresa Younis shared this picture of herself and Dr. Bird in the article about her trip in the Zepplin. Dr. Bird had an encounter with a Zepplin when he was a youngster as well, and Theresa dedicated her own ride to him
- Jeff Thompson is noted for speaking to his local Kiwanis Club about the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs at his facility in this article in the Rome, GA, News-Tribune. “Many of those patients can’t even walk their dog or even walk as far as the mailbox,” he was quoted as saying. “Our goal is to have them doing more than when they came in.”
- Kay Stelmach is recognized for being named one of her region’s most dedicated nurses at a local Faces of Care Gala in this articlein the Westlake, OH, Patch. The RN/RRT was nominated in part for her willingness to share knowledge with others as she continues expanding her own skills.
- Brent Wheeler recalls the job placement test that led him to enroll in RT school after being laid off from his job at a turquoise mine in this article in the Arizona Silver Belt out of Globe, AZ. The test generated a list of occupations he might be good at, and RT was on the list.
- Diane Flatland comments on her students’ participation in a local health fair in this article in the Alvin, TX, Sun-Advertiser. “All of these screenings provide invaluable information that would not normally be available at one site and most importantly, are completely free,” she was quoted as saying.
- Linda Moore’s bond with an eight-year-old young leukemia patient is highlighted in this article in the Dothan, AL, Eagle. (Stay tuned to AARC Times for more about Linda and her young friend.)
- Scott Cerreta is noted as a speaker at a local Chronic Disease Management Conference in this article in the Sioux City, IA, Journal.
- Lorraine Burstein’s home care business is the topic of this article in the Westwood-Washington Township, NJ, Patch.
- Rachel Stubbs comments on a local asthma camp for kids in this article in the Kearney, NE, Hub. “I think it was a success, and we definitely want to bring it back every year,” she was quoted as saying.
- Marlon V. Wright is noted for receiving his respiratory therapy pin from the University of Alabama, Birmingham, in this article in the Gadsden, AL, Times.
- Theresa Younis talks about her recent flight in the Zeppelin Eureka in this article in the Worcester, MA, Telegram. Theresa says she’s been fascinated by the flying machine ever since she saw her first Goodyear Blimp pass overhead when she was a little girl.