Kevin Abbott, Ben Mellies, and Rebecca Sonn
Jo Ann Ikehara
- Beverly Pressley-Pafford is noted for getting her dad to play Santa in her NICU in this article on the WALB-TV website out of Albany, GA. Beverly tells us her dad, George Pressley, Sr., has donned the Santa suit every year for the past 11 years, delivering gifts and t-shirts to all of the infants in the unit. Beverly snaps pictures of the babies with Santa as a keepsake for their parents.
- Kevin Abbott, Ben Mellies, and Rebecca Sonn receive kudos for taking second place in the Student Division of the Sputum Bowl at the AARC Congress in this press release on MediaNewswire.com. Barbara Schenk, their program director at the Community College of Baltimore County was quoted as saying, “This team’s motto was to ‘Have Fun’ which served them well as they advanced to the final four teams and then to the championship game where they won a second place finish.”
- Carolyn Spear comments on the progress made by one of her patients in her pulmonary rehabilitation program in this article in the Barron, WI, News-Shield, noting his positive attitude and hard work have paid off.
- Pam Hair and Sam Connon talk about the role of e-cigarettes in helping people kick the habit in this article in the Saginaw, MI, News.
- Lori Krueger is noted as the new director of respiratory care services at Baptist Memorial Hospital-De Soto in this article in the Memphis, TN, Commercial Appeal.
- Travis Grasley and Margaret Schaffter advocate for tobacco-free facilities in this article in the Tiffin, OH, Advertiser-Tribune. "We are here to treat those who are sick and injured," Travis was quoted as saying. "However, we want to prevent disease, and promoting healthy lifestyles is a key step in this process."
- Shawn Bright explains how he is helping his hospital cut costs in this article in the Wilcox Range News out of Arizona.
- Jo Ann Ikehara is recognized for being named the 2010 AARC Diagnostics Specialty Practitioner of the Year in this article in the Honolulu, HI, Star Advertiser.
- Lynn LeBouef is noted for his election to the Texas Hospital Association’s board of trustees in this article in the Cypress, TX, Times. Now a hospital president and CEO, Lynn was the AARC’s Management Specialty Practitioner of the Year in 1996.
- Lynn Swider encourages people to keep trying to kick the habit in this article in The Intelligencer/Wheeling News-Register out of Wheeling, WV. "The 11th time may just be the time you quit," she was quoted as saying.
- Rhoda Galvez is noted as one of 188 volunteers taking part in a medical mission to Virac, a city on the island of Catanduanes in the Philippines, in this article in the Catanduanes Tribune. All are members of the Catanduanes International Association, Inc., who are giving of their time to honor their Catandunganon ancestors.
- The unique pebble stone floor in Tiffany Semar’s remodeled home is the focus of this article in the St. Louis, MO, Post-Dispatch.
- And last but not least, we want to share this article in the Akron, OH, Beacon Journal about a new book from a man whose mother received compassionate care from an RT during the many months she spent in the hospital for multiple conditions before her death.