Ralph Dawson Webb
- Leona Evans and Scott Hubbell are noted for their commitment to building a top-notch RT educational program in this article in the Salina, KS, Journal.
- Sherrianne Hart explains the difference between a ground ambulance and her LifeStar helicopter in this article in the Norwich, CT, Bulletin about the 25th anniversary of the medical transport program. “We…have some things that an ambulance wouldn’t have, that you would only see in an emergency department or an ICU,” she was quoted as saying.
- Duncan McColpin comments on new equipment being use to test infants’ hearing at his hospital in this article and video on the ABC-TV affiliate website out of Medford, OR.
- Jon Nilsestuen is noted for serving as grand marshal during the recent graduation ceremonies at his college in this article in the Galveston, TX, Daily News.
- Ralph Dawson Webb receives kudos for being named the 2010–11 Keihin Endowed Faculty Chair at his school in this article in the Daily Southerner out of Tarboro, NC. “I consider myself most fortunate, as I have performed daily what I consider to be my life’s calling and passion,” he was quoted as saying in his acceptance speech.
- Rajean Backman comments on the asthma action plans given to children who attend her hospital’s asthma clinic in this article and video on the NBC-TV affiliate website in Bismarck, ND. "It lets the school know if a child is having symptoms or if their peak flows are down, what medication they can use, and how much of it they’re supposed to use," she was quoted as saying.
- Rob DiBlasi is noted for helping his hospital CEO—a neonatologist by training—come up with a low cost pediatric ventilator that could be used in developing countries in this article on the Xconomy.com website. (Stay tuned to AARC Times for more on this great project and its potential to save the lives of infants around the world.)
- Ranae Phinney offers great information about sleep disorders and testing in two recent articles on the KSFY-TV website out of Sioux Falls, SD: this article and video features a Q&A with the RT, and this one, which also includes Steve Mueller, a colleague of hers who is a patient in her sleep lab, covers CPAP and other issues related to sleep.
- Bob Hollingsworth comments on the great deals available at his local Goodwill store in this article in the Atlanta, GA, Journal Constitution. “I don’t have to come here, I want to come here,” he was quoted as saying.
And two more hospitals have been covered for receiving the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition:
- Hilton Head Hospital in this article in the Hilton Head, SC, Island Packet.
- Grafton City Hospital in this article in the Grafton, WV, Mountain Statesman.