- Barbara DeLuca talks about traveling with lung disease in this press release on ReadMedia.com. Brenda made good use of the AARC press release on our June Year of the Lung page when she put her story together.
- Joan Hochstein credits the reduction in the smoking rate in South Dakota to aggressive efforts to target the younger population in this article in the Yankton, SD, Daily Press. “It takes a complete community effort to help reduce tobacco usage,” she was quoted as saying.
- Shirley Walker shares her story about returning to school to be an RT in this article in the Arizona Republic.
- Henry Oh is noted as a 2010 Teacher of Honor in this article in the Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education newsletter. “Henry Oh is not only dedicated to the education of his students, but also knows that their success depends on their commitment to the health and safety of patients needing respiratory care,” says the publication.
- Jeff Williams is featured in this article and video and video on the WWLP-TV website out of Massachusetts about FDA delays in implementing provisions in the tobacco control law.
- Cancer survivor Lauri Leadley shares her strategies for overcoming challenges in this press release on AddPR.com. “We have very little control over when challenges and crises will strike, but we have total control over how we respond, react and reclaim our lives,” she was quoted as saying.
- Jean-Herve Mondestin is noted for taking part in a mission to Haiti in this article in the New City, NY, Patch.
- Thomas Campo is noted as the supervisor for a new asthma management program being added to his hospital’s pulmonary rehabilitation program in this article in the Lehigh Acres, FL, Citizen.
- Beth Urban comments on one of her students in this article in the Mt. Vernon, IL, Register-News. Breast cancer survivor Laura Lemons graduated with a 4.0 average.
- Aaron Saunders is noted for receiving a scholarship in this article in the Chillicothe, OH, Gazette.
- Max Pierce credits his faculty and hospital affiliates for his graduates’ 100% pass rate on their licensing exam in this article in the Rome, GA, News Tribune. “It takes a village to raise a respiratory therapist,” he was quoted as saying.
- Rikk Sowers and his rock band, Tickle, are featured in this article in the Terre Haute, IN, Tribune Star. The group has been together since 1998, opening for many big name performers over the years, including Sammy Hagar, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Rick Springfield, Night Ranger, Kansas, and Foreigner.
And health care organizations continue to receive great coverage for earning the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition —